Apricot Almond Coconut Energy Bites are 4 ingredient energy bites that make the perfect healthy snack after a workout or any time of day!
I’m all about finding healthy snacks to munch on during the day. I love KIND bars, trail mix, and energy bars mostly, but now it’s all about these energy bites! I’ve seen tons of great energy bite recipes, but a lot of them contain dates. I’m not a huge date fan, which is why I went with dried apricots here.
Aren’t they so sunny and bright, too? 🙂
These are so healthy and delicious, and they couldn’t be simpler to make! You need only 4 ingredients and about 15 minutes (add one hour to chill the mixture before rolling for less mess). That’s it!
These little bites are vegan, raw, paleo, gluten free, and dairy free, so they fit almost any dietary restrictions. They’re mildly sweet with a nutty, oat-y flavor, with coconut for texture and even more flavor. I love this flavor combination, and believe me, these little bites are addicting. So consider yourself warned.
Next time you have 15 minutes to spare and you want a healthy snack, get your blender or food processor out and get rolling! These are the perfect grab ‘n go snack that’ll leave you feeling energized and good about yourself. And you gotta love that. 🙂
- 1 cup dried apricots*
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup whole almonds
- ⅓ cup coconut, for rolling*
- Place the apricots, oats, and almonds in a blender or food processor and process until the mixture comes together and forms a paste.
- Place the mixture in a medium bowl. The mixture will be sticky, so chill in the refrigerator for about an hour until easier to roll.
- Place the coconut in a small bowl. Using a 1½" cookie scoop or tablespoon, roll into 1½" balls. Roll in the coconut, and store in an airtight container at room temperature. Enjoy!
*I used unsweetened finely shredded coconut, which may be found in the health section of your supermarket, but you may use whatever you have on hand!
Recipe by Flavor the Moments.