Chocolate Nutella Rockslide Bars with Hazelnuts
I know something that I see on a blog is really special when I make it within days of laying eyes on it. That’s the case with these Chocolate Nutella Rockslide Bars with Hazelnuts! These bars are the epitome of a food rockslide. Imagine a mountain of chocolate, fudgy Nutella with marshmallows, crispy rice cereal, and chopped hazelnuts. Now that’s one rockslide I want to be involved in! 😉
I spotted the Chocolate and Nutella Rockslide Bars on the blog Love and Olive Oil last week, and it was love at first sight. I mean, these bars are Nutella-fudge-meets-Rice-Krispie-Treats-meets-rocky-road-candy. Seriously — who can resist that?! :tounge: Certainly not me! If that’s not enough to sell you, they’re also no-bake. They’re almost too good to be true. I followed the recipe almost exactly, except I omitted the white chocolate from the top of the bars and added chopped hazelnuts. YUM! 😀
Next time you need to whip up a quick dessert or you need a serious chocolate fix, these are just the thing for you! You can put them together in a mere 10 minute time frame, chill them for 30 minutes, and they’re ready to cut. Just a warning — they may be gone just as quickly as it takes to make them! 🙂
- 2½ cups crisp rice cereal
- ½ stick butter, cubed
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Nutella
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- ⅓ cup chopped hazelnuts
- Line an 8x8" baking dish with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter with the cream over medium low heat. Add the Nutella, and stir until smooth. Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the chocolate chips until they're melted.
- Place the crisp rice cereal in a large bowl. Add the Nutella mixture, and stir until the cereal is completely coated. Fold in the marshmallows and chopped hazelnuts. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press down in an even layer with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, then cut into squares.
Store the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recipe adapted from Love and Olive Oil