Crispy Baked Zucchini Chips with Greek Yogurt Ranch
Crispy Baked Zucchini Chips with Greek Yogurt Ranch is oven baked zucchini with crispy, parmesan panko crumbs and a guilt-free Greek yogurt ranch. This is the healthy way to snack, and it appeals to even the pickiest eaters!
I have loved zucchini since I was a youngster. It didn’t matter if it was baked into the breads my mom used to bake or if it was served as a side dish with dinner. These days, I get it from the farmer’s market weekly so that I can grill it, roast it, or eat it raw in salads or dipped in ranch. I’ll eat it any which way you slice it. 🙂
I’ve made oven baked zucchini chips before, but it’s been a long time. My kids didn’t even balk at it, so I knew I needed to bring it back on the menu. I sliced the zucchini into 1/4″ rounds, dipped them in milk, then into a parmesan-panko bread crumb mixture. I may add that I was VERY generous with the bread crumb mixture. Just look at all that crispiness. Oh yeah.
I nearly gobbled all of these babies up…it was hard not to. That parmesan cheese gave the breadcrumbs a salty, nutty flavor that was irresistible. I added quite a bit of cayenne pepper to my breadcrumbs, which made them a bit spicy. The cool Greek yogurt ranch was a fabulous contrast, and was a dipping delight. I will definitely be making these again in the very near future. 🙂
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced into ¼" rounds
- ½ cup low fat or non fat milk
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (use less if you don't want them spicy!)
- 1 cup 2% Chobani Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup low fat or non fat milk
- 3 teaspoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place an oven proof wire rack over a large rimmed baking sheet and spray it generously with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- Dip the zucchini rounds into milk, then coat each round generously with the breadcrumb mixture. Place the rounds on the prepared wire rack. Bake for 20 minutes or until nice and golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, vinegar, and garlic. Add salt and pepper, to taste, then stir in the green onions. Serve with the zucchini chips and enjoy!
Zucchini Chip recipe from Flavor the Moments.