Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is a wholesome turkey chili loaded with beans, zucchini, and corn. It takes only 15 minutes of prep and your slow cooker does the rest!
It’s starting to look like fall around here this week, isn’t it? Monday I posted Apple Oatmeal Crisp Muffins and today it’s this Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Chili! Don’t worry…I’m not bypassing the last month of summer. I did add zucchini and fresh corn to this chili after all. 🙂
This time of year we all get back to the grind — the lazy days of summer are over and the kids are back in school. That means we need more back to school weeknight dinner recipes that are easy, wholesome, and deliver big flavor. This Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Chili fits that description completely, and will help families ditch the takeout and ready-made meals.
This chili comes together even faster because of the new McCormick Organics Recipe Mixes.
I used the chili seasoning mix pictured above, and it was the perfect level of spice for my family. It was full of spicy flavor without the heat, which really makes it kid-friendly. There are also Taco, Brown Gravy, and Fajita mixes to help you change things up in your meal routine.
McCormick Organics Recipe Mixes are conveniently packaged, and I love that they’re certified organic and non-GMO. Paired with other wholesome ingredients like quinoa, lean meats, and seasonal veggies, these seasoning mixes can help you make flavorful dinners that you feel good about!
This chili is no exception. 🙂
This chili is the perfect transition from the end of summer to the beginning of fall. I still have an abundance of summer produce in my fridge (and garden), and wanted to highlight some of it here. Zucchini and corn were a great addition to add some more texture to the chili and make it even more nutritious. I’m all about getting as many veggies into my meals as possible, and I think you know that about me already. 🙂
I started this chili on the stovetop because it develops much more flavor that way. It only takes 15 minutes to prep the ingredients and cook the turkey and veggies, and your slow cooker will do the rest for you. You can do the prep and cooking the night before, then just dump everything into the slow cooker in the morning to make it less hectic, or make the entire meal in advance as it keeps for about 5 days in the fridge. And the best part? It freezes well, too!
This Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is just the wholesome meal you need for those hectic back to school weeknights, and it’s a meal your whole family will love. Those weeknights just got a whole lot easier. 🙂
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - 1.5 lbs. lean ground turkey
- 1 medium zucchini, stemmed and chopped in ½" pieces
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn (thawed slightly if frozen)
- (1) package McCormick Organics Recipe Chili Mix
- (1) 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- (1) 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- (1) 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- (1) 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 1 lime
- For serving (optional): Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, fresh scallions, and lime wedges.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook 2 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and saute 30 seconds. Add the ground turkey and break up with the back of a wooden spoon. Cook 5 minutes or until no longer pink, then add the zucchini, corn, and McCormick Organics Recipe Chili Mix. Stir until incorporated and cook 2 minutes more.
- Pour the turkey mixture into the slow cooker and stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and the beans. Cook over high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6-8 hours. Stir in the lime juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chili with plain Greek yogurt, fresh scallions, and lime wedges if desire. Enjoy!
This meal freezes very well!
Recipe by Flavor the Moments.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.