Grilled Corn, Pepper, and Zucchini Salad
Grilled Corn, Pepper, and Zucchini Salad is grilled veggies tossed with green onions, fresh lime juice and cilantro. It’s a fresh and easy side dish or condiment for grilled meats, fish, or tacos!
This promises to be my last zucchini recipe for a good while. I’m fresh out, and it’s time to move on to other things. I’m seeing pumpkin in my sleep, so I need to make that happen before I buy any more zucchini. 🙂
This salad isn’t only super simple and delicious — it’s versatile. You can serve this as a side dish or you can use it as a condiment with grilled meat, chicken, fish, or even tacos. It will work with almost anything!
I grilled the zucchini and corn indoors with my grill pan over the stove top, but if you’re firing up the grill for chicken or meat, you may as well just grill the veggies there. I always roast the bell peppers and jalapenos under the broiler because that’s my tried and true method for cranking them out really fast. I simply cut off the sides lengthwise around the stem and place them cut side down on a foil lined baking sheet. So simple, and so good!
This salad will help you use up that summer produce in a fresh and easy way. I can’t think of a better salad to help me say my good-byes to summer. Grilled vegetables smothered in lime juice is where it’s at for me. 😉
- canola oil
- 2 ears of corn, husk and silks removed
- 2 large zucchini, stems and bottoms removed, sliced lengthwise into ¼" slices
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the broiler and line a small rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the sides off of the bell pepper and jalapeno lengthwise around the stem going from top to bottom. Discard seeds and stem. Place the pepper slices cut side down on the prepared baking sheet and place on the middle rack of the oven under the broiler. Check for doneness every 1- 2 minutes until the skin is very charred. The jalapeno peppers will be done sooner than the peppers, so simply remove them and place in a bowl, and return the peppers to the oven. The jalapenos will be done in about 3 minutes and the red pepper in about 4-6. Place in a bowl and cover with foil.
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium high heat and brush the grill pan or grates with canola oil. Place the corn and zucchini over the heat. Turn the corn every 2 minutes until charred on each side, about 8-10 minutes total. Cook the zucchini until grill marks appear and it's slightly softened, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- When the peppers have cooled, remove from the bowl and remove the charred skin. Coarsely chop and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the roasted corn kernels from the cob and chop the zucchini. Place in the bowl with the peppers. Add the green onion, lime juice, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste, and stir. Serve and enjoy!
If you like your salad spicier, use fresh, chopped jalapeno instead of roasted. You'll get a much bigger kick!
I like extra lime flavor in my salad, so I used the juice of 2 small limes.
Recipe by Flavor the Moments.