Margarita Fruit Salad with Tequila Lime Simple Syrup is a spiked fruit salad that’s perfect for spring and summer entertaining! Now you can enjoy a fruity margarita with no blender required.
I’ve got something a little out of the norm for you today. It’s not quite a cocktail…it’s cocktail-ish. I thought it would be fun to make a margarita inspired spiked fruit salad. Let’s just say this was a very tasty experiment! Obviously I think so since I’m sharing it here. 😉
This fruit salad is spiked with a super simple tequila lime simple syrup. The simple syrup is completely drinkable on its own — it’s like a sweetened up shot of tequila that won’t push you over the legal limit. This way you get tequila without needing a designated driver. 🙂
Obviously this would be really fun to serve for Cinco de Mayo, or any type of spring/summer parties. They’re great served up as shown in cocktail glasses with sugar or salted rims to look like little cocktails, or toss all the fruit in a big bowl with some grated lime zest and serve it up as a side dish.
If you really want to go all out with these, you could top them with a dollop of whipped cream with lime zest folded in to make extra indulgent, which would be perfect for a light dessert. This salad can be an appetizer, side dish, or dessert — what a multi-tasker!
I used only 2 tablespoons of tequila in the simple syrup, which gave it a nice, mild tequila flavor. If you want a really stiff fruit salad, go half water, half tequila, and tell your guests to eat responsibly. 😉
The best part is that you can use whatever type of fruit you love and customize it to suit your taste. And whichever way you decide to serve it up, it’s bound to be hit. This way you can eat your next margarita, and you definitely don’t need a blender. 🙂
Have you heard about the $500 Amazon Card giveaway? There’s still time to enter…click here!
More ways to eat your next margarita:
Guadlajara Burger with Tequila-Spiked Salsa by Inspiration Kitchen
Margarita Chicken Tacos by Love Bakes Good Cakes
Tequila Lime Cheesecake Bars by Sweet Peas & Saffron
Tequila-Spiked Mango Avocado Salsa by Floating Kitchen
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tequila (I used silver)*
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 cups fresh fruit of your choice -- I used a combination of strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries
- ¼ cup or so of simple syrup -- just enough to coat the fruit
- freshly grated lime zest, for garnish, or serve with lime wedges (optional)
- sugar or salt for the rims of serving glasses, if using
- Heat the sugar, water, tequila, and lime juice in a small saucepan over medium low heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar has melted. Continue to cook another 3-4 minutes or until the syrup thickens slightly.
- Place the fruit in a large bowl and toss gently with ¼ cup of the simple syrup, adding more if necessary to coat all of the fruit.
- Serve the salad in a large bowl, or if you're serving in little cocktail glasses, place the sugar or salt on a plate, wet the rim of each glass, and dip in the sugar or salt. Divide the fruit salad among the glasses, top with lime zest, or serve with lime wedges if desired. Enjoy!
Leftover simple syrup may stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
This fruit salad would make a perfect light dessert topped with fresh whipped cream.
Recipe by Flavor the Moments.