I’m crazy about whole grains. I think I’ve said that before, but figured why not say it again?! 😉 I’m always trying to find new ways to make healthier things, and these No Bake Peanut Butter Raisinette Granola Bars are some of them! They’re packed with oats, crisp rice cereal, peanut butter, honey, and a few fun things like dark chocolate Raisinettes and Reese’s peanut butter chips. They’re so much better than those pre-packaged granola bars. The best part of all, however, has to be the no bake part! I love when healthy is easy. 😀
I’ve been following the blog Averie Cooks for quite a while now, and I’ve had so many of her awesome recipes pinned. She has plenty of indulgent recipes, and loads of healthy ones, too. I was scouting around for a homemade granola bar recipe, so these bars were adapted from her Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars.
The peanut butter, honey, and brown sugar are heated in the microwave, which is the only cooking we do here. Nice! All the other ingredients are stirred in, and the mixture is pressed into a baking dish lined with parchment and sprayed with cooking spray. Just freeze it for at least an hour, and cut into bars. Did I mention that these are gluten-free? They are. 🙂
I chose dark chocolate Raisinettes because they were not only burning a hole in my pantry shelf, but they give me a raisin and chocolate element in one bite. Two birds with one stone! 😉 I had a smidgen of peanut butter chips left, so I tossed those in, too. These would be great with any number of your favorite add-ins, like dried cranberries, apricots, coconut, butterscotch chips, marshmallows, you name it. They’re completely customizable! 😀
Next time you’re in the mood for something crispy, chewy, sweet, and healthy, think about these. It’s hard to believe something healthy seems like a treat, but these certainly do. 🙂
- ⅔ cup honey or light corn syrup (I used honey)
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal (I used brown rice)
- ½ cup dark chocolate Raisinettes
- ⅓ cup Reese's peanut butter chips
- Line an 8x8" baking dish with parchment paper, and spray it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the honey, peanut butter, and brown sugar in a large microwave proof bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Microwave one more minute, and stir once more. Add the vanilla, cinnamon, and salt, and stir until incorporated. Add the oats and stir until coated. Add the cereal, and stir until coated. Add the Raisinettes and peanut butter chips, and gently stir until incorporated. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press down evenly and firmly. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and remove the granola mixture from the pan using the parchment paper. Slice into about 10 bars or into squares. Enjoy!
Adapted from Averie Cooks' Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars.