Peanut Butter Chocolate Mini Egg Blondies
Blondies are the new brownies. Did you know? I’m not talking hair color of course, I’m talking serious bar cookies. There are so many these days…just choose your shade. There’s the blondie, the brownie, or red (velvet). I may as well be talking hair color, but honestly, hair color has no place in this conversation, so I’ll stop now. 😉 I thought, what would be better than a blondie? A peanut butter one, of course! I’ve been dying over the Cadbury mini eggs lately too, so I decided to throw those into the mix. These Peanut Butter Chocolate Mini Egg Blondies are moist, chewy, and peanut buttery, with a colorful, chocolatey, mini egg bite! I dare you to eat just one.
I’ve heard all about the Blondie rage, but had yet to jump on that raging bandwagon. I’d been thinking about how I could make them different….without even having experienced one yet. Does that even make sense? The addition of peanut butter seemed like the perfect thing. Of course, when I Googled it, there were quite a few recipes out there already. This does help, however, when you need a good place to start, and you don’t want a kitchen failure. 😡 I used the recipe from the blog Two Peas and Their Pod, which happened to be Peanut Butter Rolo Blondies. They look seriously good! I’m sure when I’m more comfortable I’ll try my own version, but for now, go with this one, cuz it’s a winner! 😀
The best part about this recipe is that you can change it up any which way. Instead of mini eggs, you could use M&M’s, mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, chopped pretzels, chocolate chips, or all of the above! 😆 You can also drizzle chocolate over the top. Shall I go on? I’ll be having dreams tonight based on all the variations for these peanut buttery treats! Sad, but true. Whatever variation you end up with, the results will be the same. Everyone will thank you… as long as you share! 😉
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Cadbury mini eggs (I used them whole, but you can halve them!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in the peanut butter until well-combined, then stir in the vanilla extract. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Add the mini eggs and stir until incorporated. Spread the batter evenly into the pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the blondies are a nice golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack, then cut into bars. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Adapted heavily from Two Peas and Their Pod Peanut Butter Rolo Blondies