Pumpkin Rolo Blondies are moist pumpkin spice blondies with Rolo candies baked right in, which means gooey caramel pumpkin goodness in every bite!
Happy Halloween! I know, I’m a day early with that, but this is my Halloween post a day early. These Pumpkin Rolo Blondies are definitely a treat with the pumpkin chocolate combination AND the caramel goodness of Rolo candies added to the mix. It is almost Halloween, so candy had to be involved. 🙂
I’ve wanted to make pumpkin blondies for a long while. I love brownies, but blondies have a special place in my heart, too. I’ve tried a couple of versions — Peanut Butter Chocolate Mini Egg Blondies or Mixed Berry Biscoff White Chocolate Blondies, and have been itching to make more since.
These blondies are just packed with pumpkin spice flavor, and when you combine that with a gooey dose of caramel from the Rolo candies, it doesn’t get much better! I topped them with crushed pretzels and chocolate, because why not? They’re an added bonus.
To make this Halloween post even more special, I’m teaming up with my friends today to bring you 9 delicious sweet treat recipes. Be sure to check out the other tasty treats. If you dig sweets then check out #TrickorTreatBlogHop on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and Instagram.
Candy Shop Rice Krispie Treats from The Land of Milk ‘N Cookies.
Peanut Butter Cup Snack Cake from Uni Homemaker.
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Butterfinger Sides from Brooklyn Farm Girl.
Reese’s Crescent Rolls from Spicy Southern Kitchen.
Healthy Nutella Spider Truffles from Honey and Figs.
Snickers Deep Dish Cookie Pies from Spoonful of Flavor.
Pumpkin Patch Chocolate Reese’s Mini Cupcakes from Life Made Sweeter.
Kit Kat Cupcakes from Spoonful of Flour.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 8 ounce bag of mini Rolo candies
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted (optional)
- ½ cup crushed pretzel bits (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9" baking pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with a handheld mixer on medium high speed. Add the egg and vanilla, and beat till combined, then beat in the pumpkin puree. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing just until incorporated. Fold in the Rolo candies. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 35-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Drizzle with melted chocolate and pretzel bits, or even more Rolo's, if desired.
- When the blondies have cooled, lift them up out of the baking dish using the parchment paper. Cut into 24 squares. Enjoy!