This will be my last post of 2016, and I can hardly believe it’s the end of another year. I started this blog over 4 years ago, and I’ve learned more than I ever thought possible. I began thinking of this blog as a business last year, and this year it’s seen so much growth from a reader standpoint and monetarily. I’m so happy to be able to call this my livelihood, as unconventional as it is. So many people still don’t understand what I do, but you do, and that’s what makes this all possible. 🙂
Before I divulge the Top 10 Recipes of 2016, I just want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for following along here with me. I know there are countless, wonderful food blogs out there, and the fact that you’ve chosen to subscribe/follow me in some way humbles me. Nothing makes me happier than sharing recipes and possibly inspiring people to create them in their homes…I’m truly doing what I love.
And now, here are the Top 10 Recipes of 21016:
Being a pesto fanatic, smothering chicken in pesto sauce was a no-brainer. I’m glad you agreed with me!
9. Frozen Strawberry Brownie Bottom Cupcakes. This dessert is vegan, and every bit as decadent as any brownie ice cream dessert I’ve had. It will really surprise you!
8. Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Oat Bars. I’ve made these bars countless times and they’re inhaled every single time by everyone in the house. They’re great for post workout snacks, breakfast, and even treats!
7. Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken. This is ridiculously easy, and everyone always loves it!
6. Dry Brined Orange Rosemary Roasted Turkey. This is the best turkey I’ve ever made — the color of that skin doesn’t lie!
5. One Pot Creamy Sausage Roasted Red Pepper Pasta. I made this for a dinner party and it was a major hit, and it’s on my Christmas menu.
4. Meyer Lemon Greek Butter Cookies (Kourembiedes). Giving a classic cookie a citrus twist is never a bad idea.
3. Beef Short Ribs with Mushroom Risotto. This is one of my favorite restaurant meals that’s easier to make at home than I thought! It’s guaranteed to impress.
2. Slow Cooker Greek Lemon Chicken Soup (Avgolemono). One day I was sick and I wanted my favorite Greek soup…this is what happened. It’s been slammed a bit on Facebook for being untraditional, but it’s pretty dang close to the real thing for much less effort!
1. Chai Spiced Chia Overnight Oats. I started the year off with these because overnight oats were a favorite in 2015, so don’t be surprised what you see at the beginning of 2017. You love overnight oats…and so do I. 🙂
I hope you’ve enjoyed finding out the Top Recipes of 2016! Thank you again for following me on this journey, and I plan to conduct a reader survey some time in early January 2017 to find out what you’d like to see more of. I have so many ideas, but hearing from you would let me know that I’m on the right path. Until then…have a blessed holiday season and I’ll be back with a healthy recipe right after the new year. 🙂