30-Minute Spicy Orange Shrimp Teriyaki
30-Minute Spicy Orange Shrimp Teriyaki is an easy, flavorful shrimp teriyaki recipe that’s on the table in 30 minutes!
It’s the first Thursday of the month, so you know what that means, don’t you? It’s 30-Minute Thursday, where you gain access to this shrimp teriyaki recipe and a whole slew of other 30 minute meals by some of my blogging friends.
Excitement fills the air!
Maybe it’s just me, but I’m always excited about 30 minute meals. Especially those that don’t require more than 2 dishes and are a hit with everyone in the family.
That just so happens to describe this shrimp teriyaki perfectly.
I’ve explained that I’m the only one in my house that truly loves spicy food, so I have to be really careful not to overboard.
That doesn’t stop me from adding the heat on at serving time, and this way everybody’s happy. 🙂
This shrimp teriyaki is a spin-off of my Chicken Teriyaki, which was one of my most popular recipes last year. I’ve been wanting to do a shrimp version for so long, and finally got around to it.
I’ve always got plenty of clementines in my fruit bowl this time of year, so I decided to add plenty of sweet orange juice to my teriyaki sauce.
This sauce is packed with sweet and savory flavor!
How to make shrimp teriyaki
This teriyaki shrimp stir fry is incredibly easy to make.
- To make this a 30-minute meal, be sure to use peeled, deveined shrimp or you’ll easily spend 10-15 minute just cleaning the shrimp. I found some petite wild shrimp, thawed them out following the instructions on the bag, and got started!
- The first thing to do is get the rice cooking as it takes the longest to cook.
- While the rice cooks, make the sauce, then prep the veggies.
- Cook the shrimp, remove from heat, then cook the vegetables. Add the sauce and cook until thickened, then add the shrimp until warmed through.
Recipe tips and substitutions
- This meal is customizable! Use your favorite veggies or protein.
- Substitute the maple syrup with your favorite sweetener, and add more spice if you like it hot!
- This meal is great for meal prep.
And don’t forget to check out the other phenomenal dishes below!
Mushroom Barley Soup from Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Linguine with Poached Egg and Asparagus from Sweet Peas & Saffron
Browned Butter Shrimp and Rice Bowls with Sautéed Kale and Avocado from Floating Kitchen
Spinach Pesto and Tomato Flatbread Pizzas from Kristine’s Kitchen
Tex-Mex Taco Salad from My Kitchen Craze
30-Minute Turkey Bolognese Zucchini Noodles from Whole and Heavenly Oven
Sweet and Sour Meatballs from Bake. Eat. Repeat.
20-Minute Ham and Pineapple Rice from The Recipe Rebel
Seasoned Chickpea Taco Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing from She Likes Food
Need more quick and easy dinners? See my other 30 minute meals.
More shrimp recipes you’ll love:
For the sauce:
For the shrimp:
Prepare the sauce:
Prepare the shrimp: