BLT Burgers with Whipped Blue Cheese
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Castello Cheese. I’m partnering with Castello for a Summer of Blue, and all opinions expressed here are my own. #BluesdayTuesday
BLT Burgers are juicy burgers with bacon, lettuce and tomato, along with a creamy, whipped blue cheese spread!
Cheese makes everything better, doesn’t it? I partake in some form of cheese pretty much every single day, so I was thrilled to be able to work with Castello on their Summer of Blue campaign and receive some of their creamy, quality traditional Danish Blue cheese.
When I think of blue cheese, my mind immediately goes to wedge salads with creamy blue cheese dressing, cobb salads, and of course burgers.
Hungry yet? 🙂
It doesn’t get much better than a juicy, grass fed beef burger, but these BLT burgers are definitely next level with bacon, lettuce and tomato.
Talk about taking things up a notch. 🙂
Take these burgers even further with my homemade hamburger buns!
Summer is the best time to make these burgers when tomatoes are at their peak. I used beautiful red and yellow heirloom tomatoes, which really made the BLT flavors come alive.
In addition to the flavorful tomatoes, crisp romaine lettuce and salty bacon, these BLT burgers got an upgrade with blue cheese.
There has to be a creamy element on a burger, and since blue cheese in incredible with bacon and beef, I decided to conduct a tasty little experiment and whip the blue cheese.
Suffice it to say, it was a successful experiment.
The whipped blue cheese is the perfect spread for this BLT burger, because beef and bacon pair beautifully with blue cheese.
Fire up the grill and try these other burger recipes:
More grass fed beef recipes:
For the whipped blue cheese:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces Castello traditional Danish Blue cheese, crumbled
For the burgers:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, for the grill
- 1 lb. 85% lean grass-fed beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices of thick cut bacon, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- (4) leaves romaine or ice berg lettuce
- 4 homemade hamburger buns or store bought
Prepare the whipped blue cheese:
- Place the softened cream cheese and blue cheese in a small bowl and beat at medium speed until combined and nicely whipped. Set aside.
Prepare the burgers:
- Preheat the grill to medium and oil the grates.
- While the grill heats, place the ground beef, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl. Using your hands, gently work the garlic and Worcestershire into the meat, careful not to overwork it as it will get tough. Divide into 4 patties about 1/4" larger than the buns you're using, and make an indent in the center with your thumb to keep shrinking to a minimum. Sprinkle both sides generously with salt and pepper, then grill for about 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove from heat, and cover with loosely with foil.
- Turn the heat off of the grill and place the buns face down on the grill until warm and slightly toasty.
Assemble the burgers:
- Place lettuce and tomatoes on the bottom bun, then top with a burger. Top the burger with a slice of bacon, and spread the whipped blue cheese on the top bun. Place the top bun over the burger, then serve immediately and enjoy!
- The nutrition information includes all of the whipped blue cheese, though you probably won't need it all.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 748Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 161mgSodium: 857mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 44g