Blueberry Almond Energy Bites
Blueberry Almond Energy Bites are a satisfying breakfast or snack that’s gluten-free and vegan! They come together in minutes with only 6 ingredients!
I’m forever on a mission to have more out-of-the-box snacks around the house, which is difficult with two growing boys that are like bottomless pits and a husband that’s pretty much the same way.
Let’s face it — I can throw down food like the best of ’em too, so I need super easy recipes that I can whip up in no time flat!
These Blueberry Almond Energy Bites are SO easy, and it’s a good thing, because they’re also so addicting. They may last a couple of days at my house if I stand guard by the refrigerator because they’re that good. 🙂
I may not really stand guard at the refrigerator, but I am guilty of hiding my own private stash in the back of the fridge because nobody looks there for anything. I’m a firm believer that if I make the food, I should have my very own stash.
Instead of using my old stand-by peanut butter, I decided to use almond butter because I always have that in the house too and it’s good to change things up!
Plus almond butter and blueberries are amazing together. 🙂
How to make this recipe
These bites take only 6 ingredients and about 5-10 minutes to put together!
- Melt the almond butter in the microwave with the coconut oil for a few seconds, then add it into a big bowl with the other ingredients.
- Stir well to combine, cover the mixture with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes before rolling into balls.
I store these in the refrigerator because they hold together perfectly when they’re cold.
- Substitute honey for the maple the syrup or use any dried fruit that you have on hand.
- The chia seeds are totally optional, but I like the nutrition boost and crunchy texture that they provide. If you buy chia seeds and you wonder what else you would do with them, check out my overnight oats and pudding.
See all of my Snack recipes.
More almond butter recipes you’ll love:
Did you try this recipe? If so, be sure to leave a review below and tag me @flavorthemoments on Facebook and Instagram
Blueberry Almond Chia Energy Bites
- 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
- Place the oats in a large bowl with the chia seeds and dried blueberries. Place the almond butter and coconut oil in a small microwaveable bowl and heat for 20-30 seconds until melted. Add the maple syrup and stir.
- Pour the almond butter mixture into the oat mixture and stir until combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill 30-45 minutes.
- Roll into about 1″ balls using a cookie scoop or tablespoon and place on a baking sheet. Chill completely and enjoy! Store the bites in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Substitute the maple syrup with honey if desired.
- The chia seeds may be omitted if you don't have any on hand.
- Store leftover energy bites in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.