Blueberry Granola Crunch Pancakes
Blueberry Granola Crunch Pancakes are the fluffiest buttermilk pancakes with fresh blueberries and granola baked right inside. They’re straight from the cookbook Stack Happy, which you don’t want to miss!
You know what’s sad? When my kids were little, I used to make pancakes every single weekend for Sunday breakfast. With blueberries. Somewhere along the line, I started getting up and exercising on Sunday mornings, leaving the big breakfast behind. Sometimes I’ll make a bigger breakfast later in the day, but pancakes? I kinda just stopped making them. My poor deprived kids. 🙁
You know whose kids are happy? Karly Campbell’s kids! Do you know Karly? She has the drool-worthy blog over at Buns In My Oven.
She has been keeping me coming back for more for the past few years, because not only are her recipes fabulous and photographs beautiful, her posts are so entertaining I always get a good laugh!
When Karly released her cookbook Stack Happy, I couldn’t get my hands on it fast enough, and you can grab yourself a copy over at Amazon.com, too. Tell you what, I won’t be pancake challenged anymore with this baby. 🙂
It was verrrry difficult to figure out which happy stack to make first, and let me tell you, I wanted to make them all…which I will at some point. The ones I really toiled over included the following:
- Breakfast sandwiches — with pancakes!
- Blueberry Almond Butter Pancakes
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Butternut Squash Pancakes
- Strawberry Ricotta Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Blueberry Coconut Quinoa Pancakes
- Garlic and Dill Cauliflower Cakes
- Tex Mex Quinoa Cakes
- and even Sweet Potato Latkes with BBQ Pulled Pork and Coleslaw!
Karly, you outdid yourself. 🙂
So I ended up choosing these Blueberry Granola Crunch Pancakes because blueberry pancakes hold a special place in my heart. They’re pretty much what I order if I get pancakes at a restaurant, and if I see granola pancakes, I always want those! You could make my Almond Coconut Chia Seed Granola and use that here, or use whatever you have in your pantry.
Buttermilk is my favorite in pancakes too, because it makes them nice and tangy. These pancakes were every bit as fluffy as you want your pancakes to be, and the combination of crunchy granola and sweet, bursting blueberries makes for one delicious breakfast!
I’ll definitely be having a lot of fun making the many varieties of pancakes from Stack Happy. Whether I’m in the mood for sweet, savory, healthy, or dessert pancakes, it’s all there. Karly’s got us covered. 🙂
Blueberry Granola Crunch Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1 cup blueberries rinsed and dried
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together the buttermilk, egg, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined but still slightly lumpy. Gently stir in the granola.
- Spray your cooking surface with cooking spray and pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter in the pan. Sprinkle a few berries on the pancake and use the back of a spoon or your finger to lightly cover the berries with extra pancake batter. Cook for 3 minutes per side or until cooked through. Repeat with remaining pancakes.
- Serve with more granola, blueberries, and warm maple syrup. Enjoy!
- Recipe compliments of the cookbook Stack Happy by Karly Campbell.
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.