Brie, Fig Jam and Serrano Ham Crostini
Brie, Fig Jam and Serrano Ham Crostini is an elegant appetizer that you can put together in mere minutes with only 4 ingredients!
Remember that Small-Batch Fig Honey Jam I made last week? Let’s just say I’m having a lot of tasty fun with it. I mentioned in my post that it’s a must for a cheese plate, and it is. It really is!
Fig jam and cheese is just one of the best combinations ever, so this crostini was one of the first things I did with my jam. 🙂
The funny thing was, I went to the store looking for Spanish manchego cheese, because that’s my favorite cheese to enjoy with fig jam. There wasn’t any, so I had to go to Plan B. Goat cheese is wonderful, as is blue cheese, but the brie was calling my name, and I knew I had to do a warm crostini.
As you know, I’m a huge fan of sweet and salty, so I wanted a nice salty element for this crostini. Enter Serrano ham, which is a type of dry-cured Spanish ham. It’s along the lines of prosciutto, but it’s a bit drier, and it has a more intense flavor.
If you can’t find Serrano ham at the store, just grab yourself some prosciutto.
This appetizer is insanely easy with only 4 ingredients and very minimal prep. We’re talking all of 10 minutes including cooking time!
Even if you do make your own fig jam, you can make it way ahead of time and leave it hanging out in the fridge until you need it. If figs aren’t in season or you don’t have time to make your own jam, just pick up your favorite brand of fig jam at the store.
Not only is this brie, fig and ham crostini insanely easy, it’s insanely good. And elegant! This is perfect for a wine party, dinner party, or any casual gathering.
And can’t you just imagine serving this for the holidays? Not that I’m trying to rush the holidays, but this is so festive, it will be perfect.
You could just eat these for lunch like I did after I took the pictures. It’s certainly not the norm for me to have elegant little bites like this in the middle of the day, and that might just have to change.
Sometimes it’s nice to feel fancy. 🙂
More fig recipes you’ll love!
Brie, Fig Jam, and Serrano Ham Crostini
- 1/2 baguette cut into 12 slices, about 3/4″ thick
- 2 slices serrano ham divided into 12 pieces*
- 2 ounces brie cheese sliced and cut into 12 pieces
- 1/3 cup [Small Batch Fig Honey Jam]
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the bread slices on a large baking sheet. Top each slice with the ham, then top the ham with a piece of brie.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the brie has melted and the bread is crispy. Remove from heat.
- Top each crostini with some jam. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- *If you can’t find serrano ham, prosciutto is a good substitute.
- If you’re serving a larger crowd, this recipe can easily be doubled!
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.