Coconut Caramel Macchiato
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Coconut Caramel Macchiato is an easy, coconut milk macchiato with espresso and silky caramel syrup. It’s dairy free indulgence!
I’m a coffee fanatic….I admit it. I have espresso every morning with a splash of milk, or I enjoy Cold Brew when it’s hot out. That’s pretty much the way it goes day in and day out, which may sound a bit boring to some of you.
I don’t normally indulge in flavored coffee drinks, but from time to time I do love to treat myself and enjoy one….especially when it’s homemade. This Coconut Caramel Macchiato is just that — an indulgent, homemade coffee drink that doubles as a pick-me-up and a treat.
It’s quite the multi-tasker. 🙂
This coconut milk macchiato merges 3 of my favorite flavors — espresso, coconut, and caramel. It really doesn’t get much better than this! The inspiration for this entire drink came from Tate+Lyle® Caramel Pure Cane Syrup, which is silky smooth with an incredible caramel flavor.
And if you know me at all, you know I love my caramel. 🙂
If you’re not familiar with these syrups, they artfully blend pure cane sugar and true vanilla, caramel or hazelnut flavor.
There are 4 delicious flavors to choose from: Hazelnut Pure Cane Syrup, Caramel Pure Cane Syrup, Vanilla Pure Cane Syrup, and Zero Calorie Vanilla Syrup.
You can enjoy cafe-style coffee and beverages at home with these gourmet beverage syrups. Not only are they delicious in coffee drinks, but the velvety smooth taste and sweet aroma of vanilla, hazelnut, or caramel are also wonderful in teas, sodas, smoothies, and cocktails. These gourmet beverage syrups are a nice way to reward yourself with a delicious hot or cold beverage customized to suit your taste.
For the milk, I chose refrigerated coconut milk, but you can use canned coconut milk as well. Coconut milk has a creaminess and flavor that I love, and it was perfect paired with the caramel pure cane syrup in this macchiato.
The best part of making your own coffee drink is being able to customize it the way you like. I flavored my drink with 1 tablespoon of caramel syrup, but you can absolutely add more or less to suit your tastes. This syrup has big caramel flavor and makes this macchiato incredibly indulgent without being over the top.
Speaking of over the top, let’s talk about how to top this coconut milk macchiato off. I chose to top it with whipped coconut cream to continue on with the whole coconut theme, but you can also use regular whipped cream as well.
And because there’s no such thing as too much caramel or coconut, I also topped my coffee drink with a drizzle of salted caramel sauce and toasted coconut. If you don’t have caramel sauce on hand or you happen to be vegan, you can simply drizzle the caramel pure can syrup on top if you like!
It’s nice to have choices isn’t it? That’s exactly what you have when you make your own Coconut Caramel Macchiato at home, and you’re always going to get it exactly the way you like it with quality ingredients and just the right amount of flavor.
Satisfaction guaranteed. 🙂
More coconut recipes you’ll love:
Coconut shrimp by Skinnytaste
For the coffee:
- 1-2 shots brewed espresso*
- 1 cup coconut milk (I used coconut milk found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket)
- 1-2 tablespoons Tate+Lyle® Caramel Pure Cane Syrup
Prepare the coffee:
- Warm the coconut milk in a coffee mug in the microwave or on the stove top in a small pan until very warm. Add the brewed espresso and the syrup, and stir until combined.
Prepare the whipped coconut cream:
- Scoop the solidified coconut cream from the can and place in a chilled bowl (you can use the remaining coconut liquid in smoothies, etc). Beat on medium speed with an electric hand mixer until fluffy, then add the sugar. Immediately top the macchiato with the cream, drizzle with more caramel syrup or caramel sauce, if desired, and enjoy!
- *If you like your coffee strong, use 2 shots of espresso!
- *You will have plenty of whipped coconut cream leftover for more macchiatos! Store leftover cream in an airtight container and re-whip right before using again for best results.
- Sweetness is a personal preference, so I suggest starting off with the minimum amount of the syrup in the coffee and sugar in the cream that’s listed first as you can always add more later.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 596Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 43gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 193mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 0gSugar: 38gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is mean to be an estimate only. The numbers will vary based on the quantity consumed, brands used and substitutions that are made. This information does not include the coconut whipped cream or optional garnishes.