Key Lime Smoothie
Key Lime Smoothie is a creamy, wholesome smoothie with Greek yogurt and fresh key lime. It tastes just like key lime pie!
I’ve got no plans on getting to the tropics this summer or any time too soon, so I’ve brought the tropics to me. You’ll be happy to know, it’s easy to do, and it barely costs a thing.
This key lime pie smoothie can be prepared in minutes, and one sip of its tropical flavors will transport you to whatever tropical destination you imagine.
Who needs an airplane?! ::)
Key lime smoothie
It’s no secret that I have a love affair with key lime.
Some of my favorite key lime recipes are below:
Key Lime Cupcakes by Baker by Nature
How to make this key lime pie smoothie
This smoothie has become an instant favorite in our house. It’s made with vanilla Greek yogurt, low fat coconut milk, banana and fresh key lime juice.
All the ingredients are blended together into one frosty, delicious smoothie.
I easily could’ve stopped there, but I didn’t. It’s not key lime pie without whipped cream and graham cracker crumbs, so I topped the smoothie with them.
I also had some toasted coconut flakes from Trader Joe’s, so they went on top, too.
Over the top? No. It was smoothie perfection.
Key lime smoothie recipe tips and substitutions
- You don’t have to use fresh key lime juice, but I prefer fresh over the bottled varieties. I normally buy the limes when I see them, juice them, and freeze it until I’m ready to use it.
- If you do use bottled key lime juice, the best brand I’ve found is Nellie and Joe’s Famous Key West Lime Juice. It can be found at pretty much any grocery store, which makes it possible to enjoy these smoothies any time you want them.
I can guarantee once you make them, you’ll be making them again.
We can all use a tropical getaway, can’t we?
- (2) medium bananas, frozen, and cut into 1" slices
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt (0% or 2%)
- 1 1/4 cups low fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh or bottled key lime juice
- Optional garnishes: Graham cracker crumbs and coconut flakes
- Place the frozen bananas, Greek yogurt, coconut milk and key lime juice in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, and top with any of the optional toppings, if desired. Enjoy!
- If you're not using fresh key lime juice, Nellie and Joe's Famous Key West Lime Juice is the best alternative!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 12g