Coconut Mocha Fudgesicles
Coconut Mocha Fudgesicles are super creamy, dairy free fudgesicles that are made with only 5 ingredients!
I should have shared these Coconut Mocha Fudgesicles long ago. I explained to you last week how my garage refrigerator/freezer broke down, leaving me with no extra space to freeze any frozen treats for a while there.
Before the breakdown, I’d been tinkering away at fudgesicle recipes, much to my kids’ delight. They were never up to par for me — I kept finding things wrong with them.
They were either too grainy, there was separation, or they were too sweet. While the kids and their friends proclaimed each batch “awesome!”, I knew I needed to keep on trying.
Dairy free fudgesicles
I had visions of what I wanted these dairy free fudgesicles to be. They had to be ultra creamy, with plenty of chocolate flavor. And since I believe wherever chocolate is, espresso should follow, I knew I wanted to make them mocha flavored.
I got the flavor balance right, but the creaminess needed work. I’d been using low fat milk, because I wanted them to be healthier, but it just wasn’t working. To get that creamy mouthfeel, you need more fat in there, pure and simple.
I was against using heavy cream, and I knew from experience that coconut milk gives you that same, creamy mouthfeel with more health benefits. I subbed out the milk with a can of coconut milk, and bingo! — instant perfection.
I didn’t use coconut milk right away because I feel like I do a coconut spin on everything and maybe you’re getting tired of that? But maybe you’re like me and your not.
For some of us, there’s never enough coconut in the world. 🙂
As for getting them out of the molds (I used these), it was fairly easy, but the thing is, when fudgesicles soften enough to come out, they’re pretty melty. And since we have a drought here in California (brown is the new green!), I placed the fudgesicles in a cup of water until they softened enough to come out instead of placing them under running water.
Except oops — I left a few of them in a little too long and they were a bit overly softened. I think it shows how amazingly creamy they are, so of course I went with it.
Yet the one below was still nice and frosty looking because I got that one out much sooner. 😉
Since my motto is the more coconut the better, I dipped the fudgesicles in unsweetened coconut flakes on one side.
I just love that coco-nutty crunch!
These dairy free fudgesicles are quick, easy, and delicious, and with only 5 ingredients, you just can’t go wrong.
They’re so much better than store bought pops with all ingredients you can pronounce, which will make you feel good. And you can’t beat the built-in mocha pick-me-up, which is a nice bonus.
These are win-win any way you look at them. Just be warned — you may never buy store bought fudgesicles again. 🙂
Additional dairy free treats you’ll love:
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips (dark or semi-sweet
- (1) 13 1/2 ounce can full fat coconut milk*
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- unsweetened coconut flakes, for dipping (optional)
- Heat a large saute pan filled halfway full with water and simmer over medium heat. Once simmering, reduce the heat to low.
- Place the chocolate chips, coconut milk, sugar, and espresso powder in a medium sized heat proof bowl, and place in the pan of simmering water. This is your double boiler. Stir constantly until smooth and emulsified. Remove from the bowl and set aside to cool.*
- Once cooled, divide the mixture evenly between 6 popsicle molds and freeze for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight. Unmold by running under cold water for 30 seconds, serve, and enjoy!
- *For the creamiest results, use full fat coconut milk.
- This recipe made exactly 6 fudgesicles using these Zoku ice pop molds.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g