Fluffy Cranberry Orange Eggnog Pancakes
This post was sponsored by Clover Sonoma. All opinions expressed here are mine alone.
Fluffy Cranberry Orange Eggnog Pancakes are whole grain eggnog pancakes topped with whipped cream and orange sugared cranberries. They’re one special holiday breakfast!
This post has been sponsored by Clover Stornetta Farms. All opinions expressed here are entirely my own! #CloverCooks
I know, I know…another cranberry orange recipe! Somebody help me, because I’m clearly obsessed. This time is different however, because eggnog is added to the mix.
These Fluffy Cranberry Orange Eggnog Pancakes are a stack of holiday heaven.
I told you when I posted my Orange Sugared Cranberries that I’d incorporated them into two recipes already, and this is the second. That means I won’t be inundating you with cranberry orange recipes for at least a little while, ok?
I do need to get to other favorites like gingerbread and chocolate and peppermint at some point. 🙂
I don’t normally drink a lot of eggnog during the holidays, but I always buy it because my kids love to drink it and I absolutely adore baking with it.
My Eggnog French Toast Casserole has been a holiday staple the past few years. I love the richness and flavor that eggnog lends to baked goods…you’ve just got to try it!
I didn’t use any old eggnog for these pancakes — I used my goto brand from Clover Stornetta Farms.
Clover Stornetta Farms has been a brand I’ve trusted for years. Clover milk comes from family farms in Sonoma and Marin counties that go through great measures to ensure that the cleanest milk possible is delivered.
Clover Stornetta Farms also follows sustainable agriculture practices and tend small herds on spacious ranches where the cows are healthy and treated well. The cows are not given the synthetic growth hormone rBST, which is very important to me.
Clover also has an organic dairy line, Clover Organic Farms, which produced a Limited Edition Organic 100th Anniversary Eggnog. Y
For these Fluffy Cranberry Orange Eggnog Pancakes, I also used Clover Stornetta Farms eggs in the pancakes, and Clover Organic Farms heavy whipping cream for the topping.
Clover Stornetta Farms products are quality you can taste, so as you can imagine, these are some quality pancakes.
These pancakes are whole grain because I used white whole wheat flour, and they’re still perfectly light and fluffy. I really couldn’t get over the texture — the eggnog really makes magical things happen!
Yes, the texture of these pancakes is incredible, and the flavors are even better. Even though I subbed all the milk out for eggnog in this recipe, the eggnog flavor is still subtle, and so is the sweetness. I added orange zest to the batter to give the pancakes themselves a fresh, citrus pop, and then come our toppings.
I dusted these lightly with powdered sugar for aesthetic reasons only — it looks so pretty with that vanilla whipped cream and sugared cranberries. This stack of pancakes could not be more festive could they?
The prep for these pancakes is very easy, but I have a few suggestions to make it go even faster:
First off, make the orange sugared cranberries in advance. Just store them at room temperature loosely covered with plastic wrap so the sugar doesn’t dissolve or weep, and you’re good to go.
When it comes to whipped cream, I only use homemade to avoid preservatives. This way, I can sweeten it/flavor it any way I like too. I always whip it in advance and store it in a bowl in the fridge, then just whisk it up a bit at serving time as it does separate some.
Fluffy Cranberry Orange Eggnog Pancakes are the perfect Christmas morning breakfast — there’s really no better way to start Christmas Day. 🙂
More cranberry orange recipes you’ll love:
Cranberry bliss bars by Recipe Girl
For the pancakes:
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Clover Stornetta Farms large eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 cups Clover Stornetta Farms100% Natural Eggnog
For the whipped cream:
- 1/2 cup Clover Organic Farms heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar (or orange sugar leftover from the sugared cranberries)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar, for serving (optional)
- Preheat a non-stick griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs lightly until combined. Add the canola oil, orange zest, and eggnog, and whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until the flour is incorporated. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake onto the griddle. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown and fluffy.
Prepare the whipped cream:
- Place the heavy cream in a medium bowl with the sugar and vanilla. Beat on medium high until stiff peaks just begin to form. Be careful not to over whip.
- Serve the pancakes with a dusting of powdered sugar and top with whipped cream and orange sugared cranberries. Enjoy!
- You may substitute the white whole wheat flour with all purpose, whole wheat, or a combination of the two.
- It's best to make the Orange Sugared Cranberries ahead as they require 1 hour drying time before rolling in sugar.
- You can also whip the cream ahead and store in an air tight container in the fridge, and whisk together just before serving.
- Pancakes are freezer friendly!
Serving Size:2 pancakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 5gSugar: 29gProtein: 10g
Nutrition information is mean to be an estimate only. The numbers will vary based on the quantity consumed, brands used and substitutions that are made.