Grilled Corn, Pepper and Zucchini Salad
Grilled Corn Salad is a delicious blend of grilled veggies tossed with green onions, fresh lime juice and cilantro. It’s perfect as a summer side dish or condiment!
**The photos, text and recipe for this post were updated in August 2018.
I grill year round, but in the summer my grill goes into overdrive. In the summer, I just want everything to have beautiful grill marks and smoky flavor.
While I love grilled meats, I grill produce just as often…maybe even more?
Dishes like this Grilled Corn Salad are a great way to showcase summer produce in a simple yet dramatic way.
Grilled Corn Salad
This corn salad recipe may be simple, but the grill marks give it the attention that it deserves and the smokiness gives it the flavor to back it up.
This grilled vegetable salad is tossed with green onion, jalapeño and cilantro, and the “dressing” is the juice of a lime, olive oil, salt and pepper.
It truly doesn’t get easier when it comes to summer side dishes.
It will work with almost anything!
If grilling isn’t your thing, you can certainly use an indoor grill pan!
This Grilled Corn Salad will help you use up that summer produce in a fresh and easy way. I can’t think of a better salad to help me say my good-byes to summer.
Smoky, grilled vegetables smothered in lime juice is where it’s at for me. 😉
More grilling recipes you’ll love!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ears of corn, husk and silks removed
- 2 large zucchini, stems and bottoms removed, sliced lengthwise into 1/4" slices
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Toss the corn and zucchini slices in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cut the sides off of the bell pepper around the stem going from top to bottom. Discard seeds and stem.
- Place the vegetables on the grill...the bell pepper should be skin side down.
- Turn the corn every 3-4 minutes until all sides are well charred, for a total of about 10-12 minutes.
- Cook the zucchini for 3-4 minutes or until well charred then turn and repeat on the other side.
- Cook the bell peppers for 5-7 minutes or until the skin has blackened.
- Remove the vegetables from heat and cool slightly.
- When cool enough to handle, cut the corn kernels from the cob and chop the zucchini and bell pepper and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the green onion, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir until combined, serve and enjoy!
- This salad is extremely versatile -- grill whatever veggies you have on hand and toss in your favorite herbs.
- Salad is a great make-ahead option.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g