Grilled Veggie Kebabs with Cilantro Chimichurri Marinade
Grilled Veggie Kebabs are marinated in a fresh, flavorful chimichurri sauce and grilled to perfection! Serve with extra chimichurri for the ultimate side!
In good weather, there’s nothing that I love to do better than fire up the grill. Whether it’s meat, veggies, or fruit doesn’t matter. There just isn’t much that I won’t try to barbecue. It means less dishes to wash, and you just can’t argue with the results.
Grilled food just tastes great!
I love these Grilled Veggie Kebabs with Cilantro Chimichurri Marinade because eating food off of a stick is just fun, and the kids even love it. These kebabs are marinated in a chimichurri sauce before they’re grilled, then the marinade is poured over the them afterward for a big flavor boost.
These are light, fresh, and are the perfect side dish!
My plan was actually to serve these vegetable kebabs with a chimichurri sauce on the side and I thought, why not marinate them? Typically veggies need to be brushed with olive oil before grilling anyway, so the marinade made perfect sense.
The marinade delivered a delicious lime and cilantro freshness that I loved. I ate so many of these things, but I didn’t feel bad.
If you can’t pop veggie kebabs like there’s no tomorrow, what can you eat like that? 🙂
Grilling time varies here, depending on how you like your vegetables. I was aiming for nice grill marks and slightly softened here. Time got away from me a bit as I was busy in the kitchen at the same time, so the kebabs were cooked a little longer than I’d planned. It didn’t matter a bit.
The cherry tomatoes were nice and blistered, and the other veggies were just a bit softer. They were absolutely delicious.
These grilled veggie kebabs can be done ahead of time, so they’re perfectly low maintenance if you’re entertaining or you’ve got a busy night ahead of you.
Thread the skewers with your favorite veggies and store them in the fridge with plastic wrap. The marinade can also be made ahead of time, then all you have to do is pour it over the kebabs and marinate them about 30 minutes prior to grilling.
Needless to say, this is a fun way to eat veggies. 🙂
- 1/2 cup fresh, finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1 large yellow squash, cut into 1/2" chunks
- 10 large mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 16-20 grape or cherry tomatoes
Prepare the marinade:
- Place the cilantro, garlic, red wine vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and combine. Set aside until 30 minutes prior to grilling.
Prepare the kebabs:
- Thread the veggies onto the skewers. This can be done well in advance and stored in the refrigerator wrapped in plastic wrap. 30 minutes prior to grilling, pour the marinade over the kebabs.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Brush the grates with canola oil to keep the kebabs from sticking. Place the kebabs on the grill, and cook about 4-6 minutes per side, until grill marks appear on the veggies and they're softened slightly. When the kebabs are done, pour the remaining marinade over them, if desired. Enjoy!
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if you need to serve a crowd!
- Use your favorite variety of vegetables.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 63mg Carbohydrates: 9g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g