Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte is a creamy, delicious pumpkin spice latte recipe made with real pumpkin and homemade pumpkin pie spice!
I’m so glad it’s Sunday! Sundays are all about football, food, and Ray Donovan. You have watched Ray Donovan on Showtime, haven’t you? Season 2 is coming to a close and I have no idea what I’ll do on Sunday nights without it.
Homeland is no substitute, but I’ll give it a try. 🙂 Let’s not forget that Sundays are about relaxation, and this Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte is just the thing to help you in that department.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
Are you a PSL fan? I know most people are. I used to love all the sweet holiday inspired coffee drinks, but I prefer unsweetened coffee these days.
In the morning I drink my favorite espresso from Peet’s coffee, and I’ll either make a latte myself with 2 shots of said espresso and some non fat milk, or buy one. And my latte has to be topped with cinnamon powder!
I’m not sure what came over me when I decided to make my own pumpkin spice latte recipe . I guess I wondered if homemade would taste better, and that was silly, because I already know homemade always tastes better.
Homemade pumpkin spice lattes taste better because you control the ingredients, the sweetness, and it costs much less to make your own.
I made brown sugar simple syrup a few months ago, and I knew that would be perfect in this latte.
The warm flavor of brown sugar with the pumpkin, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice are just perfect. Mix in some rich, full-bodied espresso, non fat milk, and you’ve got a fabulous drink already.
I topped this with some whipped cream and more pumpkin pie spice, because that’s what PSL’s are all about, isn’t it? You could always opt to froth up a bit more milk instead of the whip.
I was going all out this time. 🙂
Next time you want a Pumpkin Spice Latte that’s made just the way you like it for a fraction of the price, you have to make this recipe.
It’s so easy, so inexpensive, and oh so good. 🙂
Can’t get enough pumpkin pie spice in your life? Try some of these as well:
Pumpkin Spice Granola by Pumpkin ‘n Spice
For the simple syrup:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup water
For the latte:
- 1-2 shots brewed espresso*
- 1/2 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup*
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 teaspoon homemade pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice, for garnish*
Prepare the simple syrup:
- Place brown sugar and water in a small sauce pan and cook over medium low heat until the sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Once the sugar dissolves, allow to cook about 5 more minutes to thicken slightly. Remove from heat and allow to cool. You can make this in advance and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Prepare the latte:
- Pour the brewed espresso in your mug. Place the milk, simple syrup, pumpkin, and spices in a small sauce pan and heat over medium low heat, stirring occasionally. When the mixture is warm, pour it into the espresso and stir to combine. Garnish the latte with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice, if desired, and enjoy immediately!
- Total time above includes 5 minutes to make the simple syrup, so once you have that made in your fridge, it will only take you a maximum of 10 minutes to make your own from there on out!
- *If you like your coffee stronger, use 2 shots of espresso. You can also substitute the espresso with your favorite coffee.
- *You can use plain brown sugar or your favorite sweetener in place of the simple syrup.
- *Instead of whipped cream, you can froth up some extra milk for a low fat version.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 6g