Maple Cornbread Waffles
Maple Cornbread Waffles are an easy cornbread waffle recipe that’s perfect for breakfast or as a side dish with chili!
Yes, you read that right….cornbread waffles! One night a few years ago, I wanted to make cornbread for dinner, but there wasn’t enough time.
There’s always enough time for waffles, however. The batter comes together in minutes, they cook in minutes, then they’re eaten in minutes! 🙂
These cornbread waffles have the heartiness of cornbread, while still being moist on the inside, and slightly crisp on the outside. The maple syrup adds just enough sweetness. Add more over the top of them, which would be like icing on the cake!
Of course, Maple Cornbread Waffles can be served for breakfast with eggs, bacon and maple syrup. If you’re serving them for breakfast, you can add cooked bacon crumbles for maple bacon cornbread waffles!
You could also add blueberries. You’re completely in charge of how you serve these up!
I had dinner on my my mind when I made this cornbread waffle recipe. I cut them up in little triangles and served them with my Guinness Beef Chili last week, and it was divine!
Doesn’t that look so tasty?! The waffles would also be phenomenal with my White Bean Turkey Chili, White Bean Kale Soup, or any number of main dishes. I’ve even served them with chicken….hello chicken and waffles!
If they’re thinner waffles, you could use them in place of bread for a completely different type of sandwich. I have a Belgian waffle iron, so mine are much too big for that.
It’s time to incorporate a new type of waffle into your diet. Whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner is no matter. Cornbread waffles are the perfect
addiction addition to so many meals!
More cornbread recipes you’ll love:
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, maple syrup, and canola oil. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray. Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, spoon the batter into each square, making sure to cover the tops of each raised square with batter. Do not over fill! Close the lid and cook according to waffle iron instructions. Remove the cooked waffles and repeat until the batter is gone. Serve warm!
- Leftovers? Freeze on a wire rack in the freezer, then transfer to a Ziploc bag and store in the freezer. Toast them and serve another day!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 530mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information is mean to be an estimate only. The numbers will vary based on the quantity consumed, brands used and substitutions that are made.