No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are wholesome, delicious bars made from 5 simple ingredients. They’re perfect for breakfast, snacks, or post-workout.
Lately I’ve been on a huge chocolate bender, so it was necessary to find a healthier way to get my fix.
These No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars completely did the trick.
These bars are chocolatey, wholesome and healthy! They’re made primarily of 5 ingredients — peanut butter, oats, honey, unsweetened dark cocoa powder, and some coconut oil. I also pressed in a couple of dark chocolate chips, too, but that’s completely optional.
I told you I’ve been on a bender. 🙂
Any type of peanut butter would work, however, and I honestly think chunky peanut butter would be great. I can’t wait to try these with almond butter. 🙂
These no bake chocolate peanut butter bars are dairy-free and vegan, and if you use gluten-free oats, they’ll be gluten-free as well. They come together in minutes, but make sure you give the bars plenty of time to set in the fridge because they need a good hour and a half to two hours.
As the bars come to room temp, they soften and become gooey, so just plan to keep them cold. I love these post-workout, and I ate one for breakfast today before my workout. They also served me well when my sweet tooth kicked in just for a dessert after dinner.
It doesn’t matter when you eat them, just be sure and whip some up so that you can enjoy them any time you need a little energy boost or whenever the irresistible chocolate craving strikes.
Either way, these bars have got your back. 😉
More chocolate peanut butter recipes you’ll love:
Flourless chocolate peanut butter muffins by Gluten Free on a Shoe String
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bars
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips to press into the top of bars
- Line an 8×8″ pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the peanut butter, honey, cocoa powder, coconut oil, espresso powder (if using), and salt in a small sauce pan over medium low heat until melted and smooth.
- Place the oats in a medium bowl. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oats and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Press the chocolate chips into the top of the bars if using, and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 1/2 hours or until firm.
- Remove the bars from the pan and cut into 12 bars. Store in between parchment paper in an airtight container in the fridge. Bars will become soft and gooey at room temperature, and are best when they’re cold. Enjoy!
- Be sure to use 100% certified gluten-free oats to make these bars gluten-free.
- Store bars in the fridge for up to one week. Bars soften when kept at room temperature.
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.