Salted Dark Chocolate Macadamia Fudge
Salted Dark Chocolate Macadamia Fudge comes together in minutes, with only 5 ingredients, and is guaranteed to satisfy those chocolate cravings!
This fudge happened because of my recent trip to Maui, pure and simple. It all started on our flight, which was on Hawaiian airlines. We received a small package of chocolate covered macadamia nuts with our meal, which was light on the chocolate flavor (milk chocolate), and very light on the macadamia nuts (only 2 small ones!). I definitely didn’t get my fill, and I knew I needed to do something about that. 🙂
Last year I actually found a fudge I like when I created my Salted Dark Chocolate Toffee Fudge. I normally find fudge to be much too sweet, but I found a happy medium by using only dark chocolate, and salting it to balance things out. It was so good, it had to be done again, albeit a bit differently this time.
I didn’t skimp on the macadamia nuts in this here fudge– there’s one full cup of them! Somebody (ahem) bought 2 bags of whole, roasted macadamia nuts at a coffee shop by our hotel with lots of homemade gifts, so let’s just say there are plenty of macadamias to go around.
Hint: you may be seeing more macadamia nuts in the very near future. 🙂
This fudge is the epitome of chocolate covered macadamia nuts but better…so much better. Dark chocolate! Loads of macadamia nuts! And it’s salted! I don’t know about you, but I can never turn down a salted chocolate dessert. Ever. 🙂
This fudge is great to beat the summer heat because it’s no-bake, and it would be perfect to give as gifts during the holiday season. It truly comes together in minutes with only 5 ingredients. Anybody can do this, and everybody will love it. Macadamia nuts are oh so special.
I almost added coconut…almost….but I refrained this time. Next time? I can’t be sure….
The hardest part about this fudge was giving it a couple of hours of chilling time in the fridge. Oh, and trying to eat only one piece. Not because it doesn’t satisfy those chocolate cravings, but because it’s so darn good! That’s a warning…take it or leave it. I’m either giving some away or putting an alarm on the fridge…that salted dark chocolate gets me every time, and with macadamia nuts added to the mix, forget about it. 🙂
More salted chocolate love:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- (1) 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- (1) 11.5 ounce bag of dark chocolate chips (I used Guittard Extra Dark)
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt, plus more for garnish (I used Maldon)*
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, divided
- Line an 8x8" baking dish with waxed paper and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the butter and sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium low heat until combined, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add the chocolate and teaspoon of sea salt, stirring until smooth. Add ¾ cup macadamia nuts and stir until combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Gently press in the remaining macadamia nuts on top, and sprinkle a bit more flaky sea salt.
- Chill 2 hours or overnight until set. Once set, remove from the pan and place on a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares with a very sharp knife, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
I used whole, dry toasted macadamia nuts. If you buy pre-chopped nuts, it will save you a few minutes' time.
Recipe by Flavor the Moments.