Spicy Orange Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Spicy Orange Baked Sweet Potato Fries are healthy sweet potato fries bursting with sweet and spicy flavor! They’re the perfect gluten free side dish!
Back in May I was worrying that I wouldn’t have enough time to work on my blog with the kids on summer break. It turns out that it really hasn’t impacted me much, and I don’t even feel close to pulling my hair out yet because my kids are dying of boredom and they’re fighting because of it.
The truth is, we’re having a great summer, and I feel like the bottom’s fallen out and it’s about to come to a screeching halt. Once August hits, things will begin ramping up with soccer practices, school shopping, and cramming in all of those last minute summer trips to the beach, etc. that we haven’t gotten to yet.
The passing of each summer just reenforces the fact that my kids are getting older and older, and that I need to savor my time with them even more.
I’m not sure how this post on Baked Sweet Potato Fries turned into a sentimental rant, but it did. 🙂
I’m thrilled that sweet potato fries are a side dish option almost everywhere nowadays, because I’ll take them over regular fries any day.
I don’t eat a lot of fries, but when I do, I make it count.
They have to be sweet potato!
Obviously fries aren’t too healthy, which is why I created this baked sweet potato fries recipe. There’s so much flavor in these fries that you won’t miss the fact that they’re not deep fried.
These are so easy to make. Simply toss the sweet potato wedges with fresh orange juice, honey, olive oil, chili powder and a pinch of cayenne pepper and bake until tender.
These baked sweet potato fries have plenty of the sweet and spicy flavors that I love. They’re nice and caramelized, and they’re even better with ketchup. 🙂
Line your baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. This entire recipe is a breeze to make and clean up!
If you love sweet potatoes, these baked sweet potato fries are a must try. They’re a delicious, healthy alternative to regular fries, and the entire family will love them. 🙂
See more Side Dishes.
More sweet potato recipes you’ll love:
Sweet potato gratin by Minimalist Baker
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" wedges
- Juice of (1) medium orange
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the sweet potato wedges in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, olive oil, honey, chili powder, and cayenne pepper until well combined. Add to the sweet potatoes, and toss to coat evenly. Pour the mixture onto the parchment lined baking sheet and spread out into an even layer. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt, to taste. Cool slightly and serve warm with ketchup!
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 195mg Carbohydrates: 43g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 20g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g