Top 15 Recipes of 2014
Here we have it — 2014 wrapped up all nice and neat in one post with a pretty little bow. Maybe not the bow, but this post will wrap up the year in food here at Flavor the Moments with the top 15 recipes of the year. This is a special list because it’s comprised of recipes that you the readers are the most drawn to. I’m always excited — and surprised — to see what’s most popular here on the blog, and this year, the sweets ruled the savory recipes by far.
Time to get to the most important part. Drumroll please….
15. Homemade Thin Mints. Super chocolatey, crispy, with a a nice mint flavor. So much better than the Girl Scout kind! We love our DIY don’t we? 🙂
14. Fig, Arugula, and Proscuitto Focaccia Bread Pizza. This topping combination was amazing, and all on top of homemade one hour focaccia bread. Almost too good to be true. Almost.
13. Raspberry Rhubarb Crisp Bars. Extra fruity bars with plenty of fresh raspberries and rhubarb with a oat-y crust and topping. Can’t wait for spring!
12. German Chocolate Cake Roll. My favorite birthday cake rolled up with coconut pecan frosting and drizzled with chocolate ganache. Heaven!
11. Grilled Sweet Potato Fries with Sriracha Ketchup. I made these fries over the summer so much that it was almost ridiculous! Ridiculously good, that is. 🙂
10. Beer Soft Pretzels with Maple Mustard Sauce. My favorite Game Day Food, and the mustard sauce is so good, you could eat it with a spoon.
9. Barbecue Rubbed Grilled Chicken. Delicious, flavorful chicken that’s rubbed with a homemade BBQ rub and grilled to perfection. Oh yeah.
8. Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Bars. Gooey, buttery, and loaded with pumpkin-cinnamon flavor. These babies were off the charts!
7. Dark Chocolate Hazelnut English Toffee. If I was stranded on a desert island, I would ask for a life time supply of this. It’s that good!
6. Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread. So many of my favorite things in one healthier, moist quick bread could not be wrong. It was so right.
5. Butternut Squash Potato Leek Soup. Creamy, velvety, comforting soup with crisp thyme croutons is the perfect meal for a cold winter night.
4. Banana Coconut Cream Smoothie. This is a thick, creamy smoothie with bananas, Greek yogurt and coconut milk with plenty of tropical flair! Get out your blenders.
3. Chocolate Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Chocolate Buttercream. Moist, chocolatey cupcakes topped with to-die-for frosting. It really doesn’t get much better than this. 🙂
2. Mini Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecakes. These have turned into my favorite pumpkin dessert hands down. They’re creamy, dreamy, and so darn cute.
1. Salted Dark Chocolate Toffee Fudge. I set out to find a fudge this holiday season that would suit me — plenty chocolatey and not too sweet. This was just the thing, and it sounds like you might just agree. 🙂
So there it is….2014….just like that. It went by so fast, and I’m excited about the year to come. I had a great time doing my Farmer’s Market Friday series this year, and may end up doing another series in 2015. I’d also like to bring more of what I learned in cooking school here, namely homemade pasta, puff pastry, or pate a choux to name a few. I feel like I haven’t been utilizing enough of what I learned at home because things get busy, and if you don’t use it, you lose it. I can’t think of a better way to bring some of it back by sharing it here on the blog. I hope you agree. 🙂
I wanted to give you all a big thank you for your support this past year. Without you, there wouldn’t be any pageviews, clicks, or lovely comments. From the bottom of my heart, thank you, and I hope you continue to read along in 2015! 🙂