Crispy Baked Zucchini Chips
Baked Zucchini Chips are crispy oven baked zucchini chips served with a zest homemade Greek yogurt ranch dressing!
I have loved zucchini since I was a youngster. It didn’t matter if it was baked into the breads my mom used to bake or if it was served as a side dish with dinner — it was always welcome.
These days I pick it up from the farmer’s market weekly so that I can grill it, roast it, or eat it raw in salads or dipped in ranch. I’ll eat it any which way you slice it. 🙂
Baked Zucchini Chips
I’ve made oven baked zucchini chips before, but it’s been a long time. My kids didn’t even balk at them when I made them, so I knew I needed to bring it back on the menu.
This recipe comes together very quickly, and makes a great snack or side dish!
I sliced the zucchini into 1/4″ rounds, dipped them in milk, then into a parmesan-panko bread crumb mixture. I may add that I was VERY generous with the bread crumb mixture.
Just look at all that crispiness!
I nearly gobbled all of these baked zucchini chips up…it was hard not to. That parmesan cheese gave the breadcrumbs a salty, nutty flavor that was irresistible.
I added quite a bit of cayenne pepper to my breadcrumbs as well, which gave them a nice kick of spice.
The cool Greek yogurt ranch was a fabulous contrast, and was a dipping delight. I will definitely be making these baked zucchini chips again in the very near future. 🙂
More zucchini recipes!
Zucchini Cookies by Cooking Classy
For the zucchini chips:
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced into ¼" rounds
- ½ cup low fat or non fat milk
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (use less if you don't want them spicy!)
- Greek yogurt ranch
Prepare the zucchini chips:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place an oven proof wire rack over a large rimmed baking sheet and spray it generously with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- Dip the zucchini rounds into milk, then coat each round generously with the breadcrumb mixture. Place the rounds on the prepared wire rack. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with ranch dressing if desired and enjoy!
- Baked zucchini chips are best enjoyed immediately.
- Use gluten free breadcrumbs if gluten intolerant.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 460mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 9g
Nutrition information is mean to be an estimate only. The numbers will vary based on the quantity consumed, brands used and substitutions that are made. Nutrition information does not include ranch dressing as that is included in a separate post.