Homemade No Mayo Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
Homemade No Mayo Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing is creamy, healthy ranch dressing that’s bursting with fresh flavor!
I neglected to tell you guys that I’ve been sidelined from my workouts because I sprained my knee all the way back in July.
I sprained it in a class called “piloxing” — which is a combination of pilates, kick boxing and dance. The day I hurt myself was the second time I took the class with a younger instructor that was subbing that day, and her routine was very, very fast.
The bottom line is that I lost my form somewhere along the line and my not-25-year-old-anymore knee paid the price.
I’ve been in physical therapy for the past 5 weeks and I was finally cleared to try running this past week. I’m elated that I’ve tried it a couple of times and my knee feels good!
My knee is definitely on the mend, but I’m a little afraid to try kick boxing again. It was really fun but is it worth the risk?
Getting old sucks.
Enough about knee problems and getting old, let’s discuss this healthy ranch dressing recipe with Greek yogurt!
If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you know that I dislike mayo. I’ve completely gotten away from using mayo over the years as I’ve found that I enjoy substituting it with my favorite vegan mayo (Vegenaise), Greek yogurt, or a combination of both.
Since I started posting no mayo recipes some time ago, it’s come to my attention that many of you feel the same way I do about mayo.
This Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing has a lot going for it. First of all, it’s better for you than those mayo-laden ranch dressing recipes.
This Greek yogurt ranch dressing recipe contains just enough fat to give the dressing the richness it needs with low fat Greek yogurt and buttermilk. There’s only about 1 gram of fat in 2 tablespoons!
The next benefit of this healthy ranch dressing is that it’s actually got some nutritional value. It’s a good source of protein and calcium thanks to an entire cup of Greek yogurt.
Lastly, this is the freshest tasting ranch dressing ever. Since it’s low in fat, I added more flavor to the dressing with fresh lemon juice and herbs like parsley, chives and dill.
You can certainly substitute the fresh herbs with dried, but I recommend using fresh herbs for best results as they take this dressing over the top.
Homemade No Mayo Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing takes only 5-10 minutes to make and will elevate those crudité platters, salads and buffalo wings.
Speaking of buffalo wings….a recipe for those are coming next week. 🙂
More no mayo recipes!
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt*
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- Place the Greek yogurt, buttermilk, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and herbs into a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Alternatively, place all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until combined. When prepared using this method, the dressing will have a slightly green tint to it from the herbs.
- Serve as a dip or toss with salad. Enjoy!
- Leftover dressing may be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- While dried herbs may be used in this recipe, use fresh herbs for best results. The fresh herbs add a fresh, vibrant flavor that dried herbs simply don't.
Serving Size:2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g