Homemade Coleslaw Dressing
Homemade Coleslaw Dressing is and easy coleslaw dressing recipe made with only 3 simple ingredients! It’s creamy, tangy and absolutely delicious!
I’ve been wanting to share this Homemade Coleslaw Dressing with you for quite some time, but kept talking myself out of it because it’s barely even a recipe.
3 ingredients counts as a recipe doesn’t it??
Obviously I think it does count because at long last I’m sharing it with you today.
This creamy coleslaw dressing recipe is something that I make all the time, so I think you’ll find it useful too.
Homemade Coleslaw Dressing
Most of my life I avoided coleslaw because I hate mayo. All of the coleslaws that I was exposed to growing up looked really unappealing, with thick, gloppy mayo-based dressings.
There was no way I wanted to eat that!
Years ago I discovered a vegan mayonnaise called Vegenaise, and it changed everything for me. I haven’t been paid to promote this product — it’s simply a product that I love and it’s always in my fridge.
Vegenaise products are vegan, gluten-free, dairy free, non-GMO and are made with heart healthy oils. They’re completely plant-based and come in soy and soy-free varieties.
I’ve been known to use Greek yogurt in my creamy coleslaw dressing on occasion, but I prefer to use Vegenaise because it has such great flavor. It’s the perfect base for dressings.
How to make homemade coleslaw dressing
For me, a great coleslaw dressing must be (3) things:
This dressing hits all three marks!
The vegan mayonnaise gives my dressing a nice creamy base, then I add a considerable amount of apple cider vinegar to give it lots of tang.
From there I add pure maple syrup — my sweetener of choice. I normally add 2 tablespoons, but if you want a sweeter dressing you can always add up to 1-2 more tablespoons.
Recipe tips and substitutions
- The Vegenaise may be substituted with your favorite mayo or Greek yogurt.
- Change things up by adding poppy seeds, curry powder, or chopped herbs!
- This coleslaw dressing recipe is great in cabbage-based coleslaws as well as broccoli salads, shaved brussels sprout salads, and especially broccoli slaw.
Use this creamy no mayo coleslaw dressing in the following recipes:
Broccoli salad by Spend with Pennies
- 1 cup Vegenaise (substitute with your favorite mayo or Greek yogurt)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the dressing into an airtight container and store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- *Vegenaise is a plant-based, healthy alternative to mayo that's non-GMO, gluten free, and made with heart healthy oils. The original contains soy, but I love the soy-free variety as well. I'm not being compensated to promote this product...I just love it!
- If you're not following a vegan diet, you can certainly substitute the Vegenaise with Greek yogurt or mayo or a combination of both.
- This dressing can easily be changed up by adding poppy seeds, curry powder or herbs!
Serving Size:1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 75Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is mean to be an estimate only. The numbers will vary based on the quantity consumed, brands used and substitutions that are made.