3-Ingredient Creamy No Mayo Coleslaw Dressing
3-Ingredient Creamy No Mayo Coleslaw Dressing is an easy coleslaw dressing with no mayo that’s dairy-free and vegan!
I’ve been wanting to share this 3-Ingredient Creamy No Mayo Coleslaw Dressing with you for quite some time, but kept talking myself out of it because it’s barely even a recipe.
3 ingredients counts as a recipe doesn’t it??
Obviously I think it does count because at long last I’m sharing it with you today. This no mayo coleslaw dressing recipe is something that I make all the time, so I think you’ll find it useful too.
3-Ingredient No Mayo Coleslaw Dressing
Most of my life I avoided coleslaw because I hate mayo. All of the coleslaws that I was exposed to growing up looked really unappealing with thick, gloppy mayo-based dressings.
There was no way I was going to eat that.
Years ago I discovered Vegenaise, and it changed everything for me. I haven’t been paid to promote this product — it’s simply a product that I love and it’s always in my fridge.
Vegenaise products are vegan, gluten-free, dairy free, non-GMO and are made with heart healthy oils. They’re completely plant-based and come in soy and soy-free varieties.
I’ve been known to use Greek yogurt in creamy dressings on occasion but I prefer to use Vegenaise because it has such great flavor — it’s the perfect base for dressings.
How to make coleslaw dressing with no mayo
For me, a great coleslaw dressing must be (3) things:
This 3-Ingredient Creamy No Mayo Coleslaw Dressing hits all three marks!
The Vegenaise gives my dressing a nice creamy base, then I add a considerable amount of apple cider vinegar to give it a great tangy flavor.
From there I add pure maple syrup — my sweetener of choice. I normally add 2 tablespoons, but if you want a sweeter dressing you can always add up to 1-2 more tablespoons.
Recipe tips and substitutions
- The Vegenaise may be substituted with another vegan mayo or Greek yogurt.
- Change things up by adding poppy seeds, curry powder, or chopped herbs!
- This no mayo coleslaw dressing recipe is great in cabbage-based coleslaws as well as broccoli salads, shaved brussels sprout salads, and especially broccoli slaw.
Use this creamy no mayo coleslaw dressing in the following recipes:
- 1 cup Vegenaise*
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the dressing into an airtight container and store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- *Vegenaise is a plant-based, healthy alternative to mayo that's non-GMO, gluten free, and made with heart healthy oils. The original contains soy, but I love the soy-free variety as well. I'm not being compensated to promote this product...I just love it!
- If you're not following a vegan diet, you can certainly substitute the Vegenaise with Greek yogurt or mayo or a combination of both.
- This dressing can easily be changed up by adding poppy seeds, curry powder or herbs!
Serving Size:1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 75 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 69mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Protein: 0g