Kale Slaw is a delicious slaw-style kale salad with apples, cranberries and creamy no mayo coleslaw dressing!
I’m having fun with the word kale again. Last month I made my Tropical Kale Smoothie, and now I’m making kale slaw instead of “coleslaw”.
Gotta have fun where you can, right? And if this is my idea of fun, clearly I don’t get out much. 🙂
I say this all the time, but this kale slaw is one of my favorite salads. The first time I made it I knew I was on to something, because my husband went back for seconds.
Normally I’ll ask him what he thinks of something, because I know he’ll give me an honest answer. With this salad, I didn’t even need to ask, because when he goes back for seconds, that’s my answer.
And my youngest son requests this salad all the time! I can’t seem to keep enough in the house.
So what makes this kale slaw so special? Kale is a hearty, nutritious green with a chewy texture. It stands up to this creamy maple dressing so well that I can make a big batch, dress it, and it’s still great the next day.
There’s no limp, soggy kale action going on, and I love that. 🙂
The tart/sweet Granny smith apples and cranberries work perfectly here to complement the bitterness of the kale. There always has to be a savory element, so I tossed in some green onions, and topped it all off with the highly addictive roasted, salted pumpkin seeds that I keep buying.
All of this goodness tossed with my creamy no mayo coleslaw dressing, and you’ve got one killer combination.
I’ve served this countless times, even on Super Bowl Sunday alongside burgers, and it’s always a hit. I’ll just think about it and start craving it, and quite honestly, I can’t go a week without it.
Try it, and see if it doesn’t have that affect on you. 🙂
See all of my salad recipes.
More creamy no mayo side dishes:
Serve this kale slaw salad with the following recipes:
Kale Slaw with Apples, Cranberries, and Creamy Maple Dressing
- 4 ounces organic kale salad mix
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple cored and chopped
- 2 green onions chopped (use both white and green parts)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup toasted pepitas
- 3-Ingredient creamy no mayo coleslaw dressing to taste
- Place the kale, apples, green onions, and dried cranberries in a large bowl. Toss with enough of the dressing to lightly coat.
- Top with the pepitas and enjoy!
- Nutrition information does not include the coleslaw dressing as that has been calculated in a separate post.
- The organic kale salad mix is kept in the produce section by the bagged lettuce, and contains kale ribbons or pieces, with shredded carrots.
- I like to double the amount of dressing and keep some in the fridge at all times to make whipping up another batch of kale slaw even easier.
- Kale slaw keeps well, even with dressing, covered in an air tight container for up to 2 days.
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.