Blueberry Chia Overnight Oats
Blueberry Chia Overnight Oats are an easy blueberry overnight oats recipe that takes only 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep!
Meet my I’m-not-a-morning-person-and-I-don’t-want-to-lift-a-finger kind of breakfast. That’s exactly what these blueberry overnight oats are.
Mix up your oats, chia seeds, milk of choice, and a little sweetener the night before, and you wake up to soft, gloriously creamy oats.
These overnight oats are healthy, yet they taste like a treat. 🙂
Blueberry Overnight Oats
I’m no stranger to overnight oats — I jumped on the bandwagon last year and have never looked back.
I had an a-ha moment when I made this Cherry Chia Pudding. I wondered what the outcome would be if I added chia seeds to overnight oats.
Let’s just say that I’ll never make overnight oats without them again. The chia seeds add such a great texture, and will keep your overnight oats from being too thin and soupy.
There’s nothing worse than soup overnight oats!
What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats are rolled oats that are soaked in liquid overnight until soft. The oats absorb the liquid, resulting in soft, creamy oats in the morning.
I love adding chia seeds to my overnight oats to thicken them up even more, and add a boost of nutrition.
If you love steel cut oats, try my overnight steel cut oats.
Blueberry overnight oats ingredients
This recipe only takes 5 ingredients!
- Old fashioned rolled oats (gluten free)
- Chia seeds
- Almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- Maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
How to make blueberry overnight oats
This blueberry overnight oats recipe couldn’t be easier to make. In 5 minutes time, your new favorite breakfast will be prepped.
- Place the oats, chia seeds, almond milk and maple syrup in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Stir in the blueberries the next morning, and breakfast is served!
Do you eat overnight oats warm or cold?
I prefer to eat my overnight oats cold, but my boys prefer them warm.
To warm overnight oats, simply heat them in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and enjoy.
Recipe tips and substitutions
- I prepared my blueberry overnight oats gluten free and vegan. Feel free to substitute the almond milk with the milk of your choice, and the maple syrup with your favorite sweetener.
- Portion your overnight oats into jars or containers for the perfect meal prep breakfast! They keep in air tight containers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- These oats are just perfect with a sky-high pile of blueberries, but feel free to add sliced almonds, coconut flakes or any other add-ins that you deem appropriate.
Try my other breakfast recipes.
Hungry for more blueberries? Try these recipes:
More overnight oat recipes that you’ll be dreaming about:
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- top with almonds, pecans or coconut flakes for crunch, optional
- Place the oats, chia seeds, almond milk and maple syrup in a large bowl. Stir together until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, stir in blueberries, leaving some for garnish, if desired, and divide into jars or bowls.
- Top with nuts or coconut flakes, if desired, serve and enjoy!
- The oats keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Just add crunchy toppings right before serving if using.
- Heat for 40 seconds in the microwave if you'd like them warmer.
- Weck 762 Tulip Jelly Jar, SET of 6
- WECK JAR 5 PACK KEEP FRESH PLASTIC LIDS, 5 PACK (SMALL = 2 3/8", 60mm) Fits models 080, 755, 760, 761, 762, 763, 764, 766, 902, 905, 975, 995
- Viva Naturals - The FINEST Raw Organic Chia Seeds, 2 lb Bag
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 5mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 9g Protein: 5g