Blueberry Chia Overnight Oats
Blueberry Chia Overnight Oats are creamy overnight oats made even more nutritious with chia seeds! Add fresh blueberries and coconut flakes for one deliciously easy breakfast.
Meet my I’m-not-a-morning-person-and-I-don’t-want-to-lift-a-finger kind of breakfast. That’s exactly what this is. Mix up your oats, chia seeds, milk of choice, and a little sweetener or add-ins up the night before, and you wake up to thickened, gloriously creamy oats. How something so healthy can taste like a treat is beyond me. 🙂
I’m no stranger to overnight oats — I jumped on the bandwagon last year with my Blueberry Overnight Oatmeal Parfaits. I also tried chia pudding this year with my Cherry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits — clearly I’m into breakfast parfaits — and I couldn’t help but wonder what it would be like to merge the two. A super satisfying, nutrition packed breakfast is what happens, and it’s been my staple breakfast for the past 2 months.
I used almond milk for the liquid here, but whatever type of milk you prefer will work great. I made a huge batch and divided the chia-oats up into jars in the morning for grab-n-go, or no finger-lifting as I mentioned. I decided on fresh blueberries and coconut for my mix-in’s but these would be great with any type of berry, stone fruit, or compote you have. Hey, dried fruit or jam would even work!
The bottom line is, let’s make life simple for ourselves without sacrificing our health in the process. And while we’re at it, let’s make it delicious! These Blueberry Chia Overnight Oats cover all those bases, and your tired self will thank you in the morning. Now if I could just figure out how to do that with my coffee, I’d be in business. 😉
More overnight breakfasts you’ll be dreaming about:
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2½ cups almond milk (or the milk of your choice)
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded coconut (optional)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries, or fruit of your choice
- top with nuts or coconut flakes for crunch, optional
- Place the oats, chia seeds, almond milk, coconut if using, and maple syrup in a large bowl. Stir together until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, stir in blueberries, leaving some for garnish, if desired, and divide into jars or bowls. Top with nuts or coconut flakes, if desired, serve and enjoy!
I used almond milk here, and the oats were wonderful over a period of 4-5 days in the fridge. Just add crunchy toppings right before serving.
Recipe by Flavor the Moments.