Pumpkin Chia Overnight Oats
Pumpkin Chia Overnight Oats are creamy pumpkin overnight oats with chia seeds to make them even more nutritious. They’re the perfect healthy, grab ‘n go breakfast!
I’ve told you time and time again that I’m not a morning person. You’ve heard it all before! Sorry I sound like I’m yelling at you there…it’s not even the morning as I write this post and I sound grumpy.
Maybe I’m grumpy because I didn’t have these Pumpkin Overnight Oats this morning. Clearly I need to make more.
Ever since I made my Blueberry Overnight Oats, I’ve prepared overnight oats in countless ways. Blueberries are on their way out since it’s almost fall, so there’s a new flavor in town!
Good-bye blueberries and hellllllooo pumpkin!
Pumpkin Overnight Oats
I knew pumpkin would be great in my overnight oats…it had to be. It was (obviously!), and was also the perfect thing to do with the leftover pumpkin from my Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes.
The first time I made these healthy pumpkin overnight oats, I didn’t use chia seeds. Silly me, because they were noticeably absent. Chia seeds really add something to overnight oats.
Chia seeds add nutrition to the oats, and they absorb excess liquid which helps thicken them up as well. Overnight oats just aren’t the same without them, and I’ll never leave them out again.
For whatever reason, I prefer dairy free milk in my overnight oats. I used almond milk, which makes these pumpkin overnight oats vegan, but these pumpkin overnight oats may be customized with the milk of your choice.
You can also customize the sweetener of your choice. Mine is maple syrup, but brown sugar would definitely be the next best thing in my book.
These Pumpkin Overnight Oats are as tasty as pumpkin pie with pumpkin puree and plenty of pumpkin spice.
As shown in my photos, I added mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to my overnight oats, which I loved. Other great add-in’s would be toasted pecans, pumpkin seeds, and/or coconut flakes.
Or add them all! You really can’t go wrong here. 🙂
I love breakfast so much that I go to sleep thinking about what I’m going to have in the morning. And knowing that I have this healthy, delicious, no-lifting-a-finger kind of breakfast waiting for me when I wake up makes me dream sweet breakfast-y dreams.
I really need to make more of these Pumpkin Chia Overnight Oats again soon.
More Overnight Oat Recipes!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2½ cups milk of your choice (I used almond milk)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup*
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Place the oats and chia seeds in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Add the wet ingredients to the oat mixture and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with add-ins such chocolate chips, toasted pecans, pumpkin seeds, or coconut flakes and enjoy!
- Total time above includes the minimum chilling time for the oats. For best results chill overnight.
- *Maple syrup may be substituted with the sweetener of your choice.
- These pumpkin overnight oats are great for meal prep! Simply divide into glass jars or tupperware and store in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 7gSugar: 10gProtein: 12g