Easy Homemade Italian Dressing
Easy Homemade Italian Dressing is the best Homemade Italian Dressing! It’s healthy, flavorful and made with only a few simple ingredients!
When I discovered the results of my Top 10 Recipes of 2018, I warned you that more homemade salad dressing recipes were coming.
Why? Because my Easy Greek Salad Dressing took the #1 spot!
I was pretty surprised that a salad dressing recipe was the top recipe of the year, but then again, homemade dressing is a sure fire way to make any salad next level.
Needless to say, I won’t be surprised if this Easy Homemade Italian Dressing tops the charts this year. 🙂
Easy Homemade Italian Dressing
Several years ago I stopped purchasing store bought salad dressing, because plain and simply, I like my homemade dressings a lot more.
Homemade dressings don’t have all the preservatives in them like the store bought varieties, so that fresh flavor really shines through.
This healthy Italian salad dressing comes together in mere minutes, and is very versatile for all types of salads. It’s perfect for my Italian Chopped Pasta Salad!
How to make Easy Homemade Italian Dressing
The easiest way to make this dressing is in a mason jar. Simply place all ingredients in the mason jar, seal tightly with a lid and shake vigorously until emulsified.
You can also use a bowl and whisk. Add everything but the olive oil into a small bowl and whisk until combined. Add the oil while whisking until emulsified.
Add 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan or nutritional yeast for even more umami flavor!
The dried herbs may be substituted with finely chopped fresh herbs if you have them on hand.
The dressing will solidify once stored in the fridge. Remove for 10-15 minutes to allow it to come to room temperature then shake vigorously before using.
Homemade salad dressing recipes you need to try!
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar and seal tightly with a lid. Shake vigorously until emulsified.
- Toss with your salad or pasta salad and enjoy!
- Add 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast for extra umami flavor!
- Dressing will keep in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks. I use these jars and these lids.
- The dressing will solidify when chilled. Once chilled, set the dressing out at room temperature for 10-15 minutes and whisk or shake vigorously before using.
- Fresh herbs may be used in place of the dried herbs if you have them on hand.
Serving Size:1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 44mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is mean to be an estimate only. The numbers will vary based on the quantity consumed, brands used and substitutions that are made.