Easy Greek Salad Dressing
Easy Greek Salad Dressing is the quick and easy way to make Greek salad dressing with just a few simple ingredients. You’ll never buy it again!
It’s salad season and I couldn’t be happier about it! I eat salads year round, but they’re so much more enjoyable when the weather is warm out. Swimsuit season is great motivation to eat lighter too. 🙂
I’m very picky about the produce that I include in my salads, which means that I want to toss my salad with a great quality salad dressing too.
The salad dressing will make or break your salad, so make it the best! Homemade salad dressing has the fresh, quality ingredients that my salad craves without a laundry list of preservatives.
It will make that salad shine every time.
I’ve been making homemade salad dressings for years now and this Easy Greek Salad Dressing recipe has been a staple for me. It’s certainly wonderful with Greek salad, but it’s versatile enough to use in any type of salad or pasta salad.
Easy Greek Salad Dressing
This homemade Greek dressing is fresh, tangy and loaded with mediterranean flavor. There are only 6 simple ingredients, most of which you probably have on hand.
This traditional greek dressing starts with good quality extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar, and includes some other flavor enhancers to make it really special.
I’ve added fresh lemon juice to give this greek salad dressing a pop of citrus flavor. You can certainly omit it if you don’t have it on hand, but it truly makes a difference.
I’ve also added some dijon mustard because it gives this dressing a wonderful creaminess, and great depth of flavor.
Then there’s garlic, because it wouldn’t be Greek without it. 🙂
The big mediterranean flair comes from the chopped fresh oregano. I’d never really used fresh oregano until I started growing it my garden and I had no clue what I was missing. I use it everywhere I can now and it’s phenomenal in this dressing!
How to make Greek Salad Dressing
Homemade Greek salad dressing is so easy to make. My method of choice is adding everything to a mason jar, covering it tightly with a lid and shaking vigorously. There’s no whisking and it emulsifies perfectly!
You can certainly opt to prepare this dressing in a food processor if you’re so inclined. Simply add everything but the oregano, process until emulsified, then stir in the oregano.
How long does homemade dressing last?
This dressing will keep in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. We eat salads a lot so this dressing never lasts longer than that!
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
- You can customize this dressing recipe in a multitude of ways. If you don’t have fresh oregano on hand, use a teaspoon of dried.
- If fresh garlic is too much for you, substitute it with a 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or omit it altogether.
- While I prefer my Greek salad dressing with red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar would be a great substitution as well.
- This Easy Greek Salad Dressing is a staple in my kitchen and will take your salads to the next level every time!
More homemade dressing recipes you’ll love!
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar, cover and shake vigorously until emulsified. If you prefer to use a food processor, add the oregano after processing the dressing.
- Toss with your favorite salad and enjoy!
- Store leftover dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- If you're sensitive to fresh garlic, substitute with 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or omit completely.
Serving Size:1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 75 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 44mg Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g