Instant Pot Pumpkin Black Bean Chili Mac
This post is sponsored by Chickapea Pasta. All opinions expressed here are my own as I only promote brands that I truly love.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Black Bean Chili Mac is a protein-packed gluten-free Instant Pot chili mac recipe that’s on the table in under 30 minutes!
I’m officially kicking off pumpkin season today! I haven’t really been ready prior to this, although I busted out a few cans of pumpkin to test the recipe for this Instant Pot Pumpkin Black Bean Chili Mac about 3 weeks ago.
I’m not normally one to make pumpkin anything in August, but I like to start testing my recipes early. I loved this one so much that it’s been made 3 times since. It will definitely be a fall staple!
This Instant Pot Pumpkin Black Bean Chili Mac is creamy, delicious and is made in one pot in less than 30 minutes, but those reasons aren’t what sets this meal apart.
The fact that it’s made with Chickapea Pasta is what makes it truly special!
Chickapea Pasta has been a staple in my pantry since the first time I tried it about a year and a half ago. This pasta is made with only 2 ingredients — organic chickpeas and lentils — so it’s packed with protein and fiber.
There’s nothing artificial, there’s no sugar and it’s vegan, non-GMO, organic, kosher and gluten-free. Chickapea Pasta is just pure goodness!
Most pasta is full of carbs and empty calories, but Chickapea Pasta is nutrient dense and satisfying. I love that it’s so nutritious and packed with protein that all you need to add to it is veggies, sauce or dressing and you have a complete meal.
Chickapea Pasta is very hearty and holds it’s shape unlike other gluten-free pastas on the market. I was so impressed how well it worked out in my Instant Pot!
My Instant Pot is a lifesaver when it comes to getting healthy meals on the table in a flash. This pasta dinner only requires 5 minutes of active cooking time and 2 minutes of cooking time at high pressure.
Keep in mind that it takes the Instant Pot about 5 minutes or so to come up to pressure, so you’re looking at somewhere around 15 minutes of total cooking time.
Add in about 5 minutes of prep, and you’ve got a dinner that’s on the table in about 20 minutes.
All weeknights should be this easy right? 🙂
I happen to love pumpkin in savory recipes every bit as much as sweet recipes. Pumpkin is amazing in soups, chili, curries and adds a wonderful creaminess to sauces in pasta dishes like this vegan pumpkin chili mac recipe.
I’d been wanting to create a healthy pumpkin chili recipe for a while now, but my husband and boys aren’t big fans of chili. While I could eat it all myself, I didn’t feel like being a short order cook come dinner time so I improvised.
I’ve made chili mac recipes in the past and my family loved them, so I decided to add Chickapea Pasta to my pumpkin chili and that satisfied everyone.
My family didn’t notice that there was pumpkin in this chili mac. It’s more of a background flavor complimented by the warm spices, but it definitely provides a wonderful creaminess.
I’m thrilled to find a hearty, plant-based meal that my family loves as much as I do! This Instant Pot Pumpkin Black Bean Chili is guaranteed to satisfy everyone. 🙂
More pasta recipes!
Instant Pot Pumpkin Black Bean Chili Mac
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (22.5 mL) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 red bell pepper cored and chopped
- 1 cup (150 g) corn 150 g, fresh or frozen
- 15 ounces (450 mL) low sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (245 g) pumpkin puree
- 15 ounces (450 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces Chickapea Pasta spirals
- 2 1/2 cups (600 mL) water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- optional toppings: avocado scallions
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot and select 5 minutes, then add the olive oil. Once the oil has heated, add the chopped onion and cook for 3 minutes until slightly softened, then add the garlic and spices and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the bell pepper and corn and sauté 1 minute longer.
- Add the diced tomatoes, pumpkin, black beans, pasta, water, salt and pepper to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cover the Instant Pot with the lid and select the Pressure button and set for 2 minutes cooking time at High Pressure. When the cooking time is up, turn the venting valve to quick release the pressure.
- Remove the lid, stir the pasta and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- Serve topped with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
- This dish makes wonderful leftovers (if you have any). 🙂
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.