Greek Pasta Skillet with Burst Cherry Tomatoes
This post is sponsored by Chickapea Pasta. All opinions expressed here are mine alone.
Greek Pasta Skillet with Burst Cherry Tomatoes is a high protein gluten-free pasta meal that’s on the table in 25 minutes!
I’m in denial that it’s August and I never want summer to end! If that sounds a cry of desperation, that’s because it is. My kids start school this week and I’m seeing pumpkin recipes on Pinterest.
Just so you know, you won’t see any recipes here until at least the second week of September. I just can’t.
Until then, I’m going to savor summer produce because that’s all I’ve got left. I realize I’m sounding a tad bit pathetic so let’s shift to a positive gear and discuss this Greek Pasta Skillet with Burst Cherry Tomatoes!
This dish just makes me happy. 🙂
My garden is bursting with cherry tomatoes, so I felt compelled to create a dish packed with plenty of burst cherry tomatoes.
It makes perfect sense right?
I’m truly excited to share this recipe with you because it’s brimming with the Greek flavors that I love and it just screams summer. This dish would be perfect for your summer entertaining, and Labor Day is coming. 🙂
It’s also made with one of my favorite products on the planet –> Chickapea Pasta.
I fell head over heels for Chickapea Pasta after I tried it last fall. It’s become a pantry staple in my kitchen and I love preparing it in a variety of dishes (check out my Grilled Vegetable Summer Succotash Pasta Salad recipe).
So what makes Chickapea Pasta so special? It’s made with only 2 ingredients — chickpeas and lentils. There’s no added sugar and nothing artificial. It’s got a whopping 27 grams of protein and 13 grams of fiber per 3.5 oz. serving!
Chickapea Pasta is also gluten-free, vegan, organic, kosher, and non-GMO, making it a healthy addition to any meal.
The best part is that Chickapea Pasta also tastes amazing. It’s got a hearty texture that I love and it truly doesn’t taste like gluten-free or vegan pasta. It tastes like pasta, the stuff you love and crave.
In a nutshell, Chickapea Pasta is a family favorite turned Superfood!
This Greek Pasta Skillet with Burst Cherry Tomatoes is a meal that I could live on for the rest of summer. It’s fresh, easy, and it’s on the table in about 25 minutes.
The “sauce” consists of the sweet juices from the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, a few tablespoons of kalamata olive brine for flavor, and some reserved pasta liquid.
This may sound simple, but it’s downright magical.
The reserved cooking liquid gives the pasta a silky creaminess, and I’m happy to report that it was just as delicious when I had leftovers for lunch the next 2 days. 🙂
This Greek Pasta Skillet with Burst Cherry Tomatoes is the perfect vehicle to let those summer cherry tomatoes shine and is a great place to try Chickapea Pasta!
More gluten free pasta recipes:
- (1) 8 ounce package Chickapea Pasta shells (230 grams)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided (45 mL)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (336 grams)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved, plus 2 tablespoons of olive brine (84 grams)
- (1) 15 ounce can cannelini beans, rinsed and drained (420 grams)
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried) (15 mL)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (84 grams)
- freshly chopped oregano or parsley, for garnish (15 mL)
- Fill a large saucepan with water, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook Chickapea Pasta according to package instructions and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and cherry tomatoes along with a pinch of salt. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the cherry tomatoes burst.
- Add the kalamata olives, brine, beans, and oregano and cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Add the Chickapea Pasta and 1/4 - 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking liquid and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top with crumbled feta and oregano or parsley. Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe works with any variety of Chickapea Pasta!
- Make this recipe vegan by omitting the feta cheese.
- I used all of the reserved cooking liquid from the pasta and it gave the dish a silky, creamy texture.
- This recipe makes great leftovers!
Serving Size:6 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 213mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
Nutrition information is mean to be an estimate only. The numbers will vary based on the quantity consumed, brands used and substitutions that are made.