Coconut Curry Chicken and Vegetables
Thank you Village Harvest for sponsoring this post. Every day Village Harvest is planting seeds of change and growing possibilities, one bag of goodness at a time.
Coconut Curry Chicken is a healthy, high-protein dinner with tender chicken and vegetables in a flavorful creamy coconut curry sauce. It’s ready in 30 minutes!
My husband and I have been preaching good eating habits to our kids all their lives. Now that they’re older, quality eating is even more important.
Not only are they growing like weeds (I’m the shortest one in the house now minus the dog!), they’re enduring grueling workouts to get stronger for their high school sports.
For me, this means providing them with an endless supply of high-protein meals with as much produce as I can cram into them to fuel their workouts and give them the proper nutrition for post-workout recovery.
My husband and I also workout hard as often as possible, so I have 4 very hungry (or hangry) people in the house. I’ll admit right now that I get downright cranky when I need to eat, and waiting long isn’t an option.
That’s where this 30-Minute Coconut Curry Chicken and Vegetables comes in. It takes only 30 minutes, and it’s packed with protein, vegetables, and complex carbohydrates.
I wanted to serve this Coconut Curry Chicken over some grains to make it a substantial meal, so I was thrilled to find out about Village Harvest Organic Benefit Blends.
Village Harvest has been one of my favorite brands for years, and I jumped at the chance to work with them to promote their new product line.
Village Harvest’s products are the highest quality, but it doesn’t stop there. Sustainability is very important to me, and Village Harvest defines social sustainability by not only caring for the planet, but by caring for the workers that bring whole, healthy grains to your door.
Village Harvest has pledged to give 1% of their profits to run programs that give back to farmers and local communities from which they source their products. They’ve also pledged to donate 1% of their employees’ time to charitable causes and sustainability efforts.
There are (3) Benefit Blend Varieties, which include the Organic Antioxidant Blend, the Organic Ancient Grain Blend, and the blend that I used which is pictured below –> Organic Protein Blend. Each blend offers a distinctive combination of healthful goodness and I can’t wait to try them all!
For this particular recipe, I knew I wanted to serve my 30-Minute Coconut Curry Chicken and Vegetables with the Organic Protein Blend. This particular blend contains lentils, brown jasmine rice, and red quinoa, so it’s packed with complex carbohydrates, protein, and fiber.
This is the blend that fits the tall order of fueling my family (and myself) with a high-protein meal that I can feel good about.
There are as many veggies in this coconut chicken curry as there is chicken because as I mentioned, I like to pack as much produce as possible into our meals. The best part about this meal is that you can customize it with more chicken if you’re so inclined, and use any of your favorite vegetables.
If you’re into meal prep, the curry may be made ahead and stored in an air tight container in the fridge and freezes very well. It makes some killer leftovers and is the perfect meal prep lunch!
This 30-Minute Coconut Curry Chicken and Vegetables will satisfy the biggest appetites and fuel those workouts and give you substantial post-workout recovery fuel.
Nobody will be hangry for long. 🙂
More quick and easy dinner recipes you’ll love!
- Chicken stir fry by Natasha’s Kitchen
- Instant pot chicken and rice
- Farfalle pasta
- Mexican rice casserole
- Sheet pan chicken
- 1 cup uncooked Village Harvest Organic Protein Blend, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, plus more if needed
- 1 medium onion, halved, peeled, and sliced width-wise along the lines
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast seasoned with salt and pepper and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder, divided*
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger (or 1 tsp. ground)**
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced into half moons
- 1 medium yellow crook neck squash, halved and sliced into half moons
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into strips
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn (1 large ear if fresh)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- Juice from 1/2 lime (about 1 tablespoon), plus lime wedges for serving
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the coconut oil in a Dutch oven or large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken and 1/2 tablespoon curry powder and saute for 4-5 minutes until almost cooked through.
- Add the garlic, ginger, zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper, and corn and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, remaining curry powder, salt, and black pepper, to taste and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables reach the desired doneness.
- Remove from heat and add the lime juice, cilantro, and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve over the Village Harvest Organic Protein Blend with additional lime wedges and cilantro if desired and enjoy!
- *The easiest way to grate fresh ginger is to freeze the entire ginger root in a zip top bag and grate what you need with a Microplane grater peel and all!
- **Add more curry powder for more curry flavor, or substitute with Thai red curry paste. Add thinly sliced Thai red chile pepper for some heat.
- Make this meal vegetarian by substituting the chicken with chickpeas or tofu.
- Substitute the veggies I've used with any of your favorites.
- This meal may be made in advance and stored in an air tight container in the fridge and freezes very well! It makes great leftovers and is great for meal prep lunches!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 23g