One Pot Thai Pasta
One Pot Thai Pasta is whole wheat spaghetti and colorful veggies in a flavorful Thai peanut sauce. It’s a satisfying vegetarian dinner that’s on the table in under 30 minutes!
This time of year I’m typically grilling food for dinner, but if I’m not, it’s a safe bet that I’m making pasta.
One pot pasta recipes are my favorite because there’s only one pot to wash (hence the name!), and it’s on the table in about 30 minutes from start to finish.
I’ve made this vegetarian pasta recipe several times in the past few months, and it still seems like a treat every time I eat it. The flavors in the Thai peanut sauce are some of my favorite.
The sauce has the tanginess of rice wine vinegar, umami from the soy sauce, a citrus kick from the lime juice, and creaminess from the peanut butter.
It gets better from there, because we also have freshness from lots of chopped cilantro and a nice crunch from chopped peanuts.
The peanut butter isn’t the only thing that makes this creamy. One pot pastas are notorious for being really creamy because the starches from the pasta go right into the sauce as it cooks. It’s like magic, and it’s what makes this pasta sauce so silky and smooth.
Even though this vegetarian pasta recipe is lightning quick, you can prep your veggies in advance to make things go even faster. And did I mention that this is customizable?
You can always omit the veggies that you don’t like or have, and add anything that you do. And if you want to add a more protein to this meal, simply serve it with some rotisserie or leftover chicken.
This One Pot Thai Pasta is ultra creamy and is the perfect dish for Meatless Monday. The leftovers also happen to be great for lunch (take it from me).
It’s a one-pot-30-minute-wonder that you don’t want to miss! 🙂
More one pot pasta recipes you’ll love:
- 3-Ingredient One Pot Pasta by Kim’s Kravings
- Pasta e fagioli
- Farfalle pasta
- Red pepper pasta
- Skillet lasagna
Did you try this recipe? If so, be sure to leave a review below and tag me @flavorthemoments on Facebook and Instagram!
One Pot Thai Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion halved and sliced into half moons
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms stemmed and sliced
- 1 large carrot cut into matchsticks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger*
- 1 large bell pepper sliced (I used 1/2 yellow and 1/2 red)
- 5 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 lime juiced; plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion, mushrooms, and carrots and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic, ginger, and bell pepper and saute 2 minutes.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, and peanut butter. Add to the skillet, followed by the broth, and stir to combine.
- Add the spaghetti and stir as it softens. Increase the heat to medium high, cover, and bring to a boil. Remove the lid and lower the heat to medium. Cook for 9-12 minutes or until the pasta is al dente and has absorbed most of the liquid, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Serve with the chopped peanuts, extra lime, and enjoy!
- Veggies may be prepped in advance to make this meal go even faster!
- Add tofu or chicken to add more protein to this meal.
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.