Slow Cooker Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats are creamy steel cut oats packed with pumpkin and warm pumpkin spice. Cook overnight for a hearty breakfast on busy mornings!
I’m ashamed to admit that I’ve been making these Slow Cooker Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats behind the scenes for months. I took the video and photos early in October, but then I got a slew of last minute sponsored work which meant these oats had to wait.
The sponsored work pays the bills, after all, but I’ve been really antsy to share these with you! Once Thanksgiving rolls around it seems like nobody wants to look at pumpkin anymore, which is why I’m posting on a Sunday.
You need these in your life!
These oats were inspired by my Pumpkin Overnight Oats, which are one of my most popular breakfast recipes. I add chia seeds to all of my overnight oat recipes because they’re just not the same without ’em, and the same thing goes with my slow cooker steel cut oats.
The chia seeds add a great texture to the oats, right along with a nutrition boost, including fiber, protein, Omega 3’s, and calcium to name a few.
Chia, chia, chia! (sorry).
I make slow cooker steel cut oats all the time because I love waking up to a nice warm breakfast…who doesn’t? This pumpkin version is perfect for fall, and gives the house a cozy pumpkin spice scent in the morning.
What a way to wake up!
Just pop everything into the slow cooker before you go to bed, turn it on, and your breakfast is ready when you wake up. I love to top mine with extra maple syrup, toasted pecans, and extra chia seeds, but sky’s the limit friends. You go on ahead and top it with whatever you like.
This is a great healthy breakfast to have on Thanksgiving as well! I’m not one to eat cinnamon rolls, donuts, etc. Thanksgiving morning because I’m saving myself for the 2-3 desserts that I always have.
These Slow Cooker Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats are the perfect healthy, no-finger-lifting breakfast for busy mornings.
Have fun with your toppings! That’s what makes these oats extra special. 🙂
Check out my video below to see the full how-to, and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
More steel cut oat recipes you’ll love!
Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats by Kristine’s Kitchen
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups milk I used unsweetened almond milk
- Top with additional maple syrup toasted pecans, chia seeds, chopped apple or chocolate chips, if desired
- Spray your slow cooker generously with cooking spray. Place all ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or overnight. Note: to prevent the edges from burning, place a large heat proof dish into the slow cooker and add all ingredients into the dish. Fill the slow cooker with water around the dish until it’s 2 inches from the top of the dish.
- It’s normal to see chia seeds all over the top of the oats after cooking. Simply stir the oats well before serving, and serve with your choice of toppings. Enjoy!
- These oats are not sweet by any means because I love adding a drizzle of maple syrup over the top at serving time. Add more sweetener if you like your oats on the sweeter side.
- Store unused oats in an air tight container in the fridge. Microwave or reheat on the stove top with additional milk and serve!
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.