Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Pesto
Wild mushroom ravioli is tossed with homemade pesto sauce and toasted walnuts for a delicious quick and easy meal!
I’m always trying to find quick and easy meals that please everyone in the house. Raviolis are one of those meals!
While my kids aren’t completely into veggies, they do like mushrooms. These Wild Mushroom Ravioli are a great way to get my boys to eat more veggies.
I added more mushrooms to this dish for double the mushroom pleasure, along with toasted walnuts for a nice crunch and big shavings of fresh parmesan.
This wild mushroom ravioli is extra quick if your pesto sauce is made ahead of time. I like to make a big batch of my Basil Pesto Sauce and freeze half, or make the sauce the day before.
If you’re in a pinch and you don’t have time to make your own, buy your favorite store bought pesto. In my experience, I think the pesto in the refrigerated section by the fresh ravioli is always better as it tastes more like fresh basil. That’s what we want!
Next time you need a quick meal on a practice night, game night, or just because, give this one a try. The homemade pesto, mushrooms, and toasted walnuts make this dish seem like you spent a lot more time on it.
Shhh! Nobody needs to know.
- (2) packages Pasta Prima Wild Mushroom Ravioli (or your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- (1) package cremini mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup my Lemon Pesto Sauce or store bought pesto
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 1/3 cup shaved parmesan
- Prepare the ravioli according to package instructions.
- While the ravioli cook, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper, and saute until the liquid evaporates and the mushrooms are tender, about 6-8 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small pan, toast the walnuts over medium heat until fragrant and golden, about 4 minutes. Keep a close eye as they burn quickly!
- Drain the pasta in a colander. Add the pesto sauce to the pot and heat over low heat until warm. Add the ravioli and mushrooms to the pesto sauce and stir gently. Serve and top with toasted walnuts and shaved parmesan.
- Make homemade pesto ahead of time to make this meal extra quick. Use store bought pesto if pressed for time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 319mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 9g