Cranberry Orange Almond Biscotti
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and it’s advertiser. All opinions expressed here are my own. #TeaProudly #CollectiveBias
Cranberry Orange Almond Biscotti are crunchy biscotti studded with tart sweet cranberries, toasted almonds, and orange zest. They’re dipped in white chocolate and are perfect for tea dunking!
We’ve been getting SO much rain here in California, and the good news is that we’re out of the drought! You’ll never hear me complain out getting too much rain after severe drought conditions the past few years. 2013-2014 were especially depressing when everything was brown. But green is the new brown!
You know what else is great about rainy days? They’re the best days to bake Cranberry Orange Almond Biscotti and curl up with a cozy cup of tea. January is Hot Tea Month after all.
What could be better? I’m hard pressed to think of anything.
If you follow me on Instagram, maybe you caught my stories about my rainy day biscotti baking. With the rainy weather I enjoyed my Cranberry Orange Almond Biscotti (more than one, I might add), with a warm cup of Bigelow Tea.
Bigelow Tea is my #1 choice in tea, and when I drink it, I tea proudly. Tea is an important part of my life because it helps me relax and unwind, and it’s especially nice to enjoy it with a friend as well.
I love that Bigelow Tea is manufactured in the United States, and includes foil packaging to ensure freshness. Bigelow Tea uses quality ingredients as well, and comes in a variety of delicious flavors like Green Tea, Vanilla Chai, Cozy Chamomile, Peppermint, and Mint Medley.
When I was wandering through my local Walmart store on a shopping trip, I picked up the Constant Comment flavor. It’s a black tea with hints of orange and spice, and I knew it would be perfect paired with my Cranberry Orange Almond Biscotti.
The orange and spice in the tea was the perfect compliment to the sweet tart cranberries, toasted almonds, and sweet white chocolate in my biscotti.
Making biscotti from scratch is much easier than you may think, and it’s so forgiving because it’s twice baked. That’s what makes it extra crispy and perfect for dunking. 🙂
You start off whisking together your dry ingredients, then cream the sugar and orange zest together. Add the eggs and vanilla, then beat in your dry ingredients. Fold in the cranberries and almonds, and your dough is ready.
Shape the dough into (2) logs, and bake until golden brown. Reduce the oven temperature and slice your biscotti on the bias. Bake on (2) separate baking sheets in the upper and lower thirds of the oven until golden brown and crispy.
You don’t have to dip your biscotti in white chocolate, but I highly recommend it. The biscotti aren’t very sweet, so the white chocolate adds a sweetness that I love.
Plus, adding chocolate is always a good idea in my book. 🙂
The great thing about biscotti is that they keep in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks. This way, you’ll have them on hand to enjoy with some tea for quite some time, and they make great gifts as well.
Next time you want to relax and unwind or enjoy tea with a friend, tea proudly with Bigelow Tea! How will you tea proudly?
Check out Bigelow’s Tea Proudly video here.
Check out the Ultimate Relaxation Getaway Sweepstakes here!
Cranberry Orange Almond Biscotti
Cranberry Orange Almond Biscotti are crunchy biscotti with cranberries, almond, and orange zest. Dip in white chocolate for the ultimate biscotti!
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 medium orange (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted almonds*
- 3/4 cup coarsley chopped dried cranberries
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped, for dipping*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and position the oven racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Line (2) large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined. Set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, and orange zest in a large bowl. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute or until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time on low speed just until incorporated. Beat in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until just combined. Fold in the almonds and cranberries.
- Knead the dough together with your hands while still in the bowl until it’s cohesive (it’s not sticky, so this doesn’t take long). Divide in two equal pieces and place on one of the prepared baking sheets. Form into (2) 12″ x 2″ logs and bake on the middle rack for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown. Reduce the oven temperature to 275 degrees.
- Allow the dough to cool for 10 minutes, then place on a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut slightly on the bias into 1/2″ thick slices and place cut side down on the prepared baking sheets. Bake at 275 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave according to package instructions. Dip the biscotti in the chocolate and place on the parchment lined baking sheets until set. Store biscotti in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks. Enjoy!
*To toast almonds, place on a rimmed baking sheet at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until fragrant.
*You may substitute the white chocolate bars for chocolate chips or candy melts if you’d like to skip chopping chocolate.
Recipe source: Flavor the Moments// All images and text © .
Yield: 38 biscotti, Serving Size: 1 biscotti
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 115
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 44mg
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 2g