Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal with Orange Cream Cheese Glaze
Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal is a fluffy baked oatmeal recipe studded with fresh cranberries, orange zest and topped with a tangy orange cream cheese glaze!
There are a lot of lovely Christmas brunch recipes floating around right now. Cinnamon rolls, donuts, coffee cakes — you name it.
I love to indulge every now and then in the morning, but like I’ve told you a thousand times, I love my oatmeal.
I feel so much better when I start my day with a nutritious breakfast, and this Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal proves that you can have a wholesome breakfast that you look forward to at the same time.
I mean, look at the pop of color from those cranberries….and that drizzle.
Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal
The cranberry orange combination is one of my favorites, and I wanted to do something different with it this year. I make a quick bread with these flavors, but this was the first year I made this baked oatmeal recipe.
The first time I made it, there wasn’t enough orange flavor, so I had the idea to add a glaze with plenty of fresh orange juice and zest. It was the perfect solution. 🙂
The cream cheese adds a nice creaminess and tang, and gives the glaze it’s wow factor. I love how festive it makes this baked oatmeal looks.
Who needs cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning with this around??
I always have fresh cranberries in my freezer this time of year because I love baking with them, as well as making cranberry sauce often.
I didn’t even thaw the cranberries out for this cranberry orange baked oatmeal recipe. I just popped half in the bottom of the baking dish and half on top — no chopping required.
You can put this recipe together in about 10-15 minutes tops, which means you get a delicious, wholesome breakfast that doesn’t get much easier.
If you’d like to set things up ahead, follow the instructions in my Overnight Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Crisp by placing it in the fridge overnight and baking it in the morning.
Healthy, festive, and bursting with flavor, this Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal is an easy breakfast or brunch item that’s perfect for your holidays!
More baked oatmeal recipes you’ll love:
Berry baked oatmeal by Happy Healthy Mama
For the oatmeal:
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, divided
- 2 cups milk of your choice (I used almond milk)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or your favorite sweetener
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces (optional)
For the cream cheese glaze:
- 2 ounces ⅓ less fat neufchâtel cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
Prepare the oatmeal:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8" glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle half of the cranberries in the bottom of the prepared baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt until combined. Pour the oat mixture evenly over the cranberries.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, maple syrup, orange zest, and vanilla until well incorporated. Pour the milk mixture evenly over the oats and rap the baking dish on the counter. Top with the remaining cranberries and pecan pieces. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until set and golden brown.
Prepare the glaze:
- Beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl with a handheld mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and beat until incorporated. Add in the orange juice and zest, and beat until combined. If you'd like your glaze to be thinner, add a bit more orange juice.
- Drizzle over the baked oatmeal, serve, and enjoy!
- *If you're following a gluten-free diet, make sure to use 100% certified gluten-free oats.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 7g