Fluffy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes
Fluffy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes are hearty, healthy whole wheat pancakes packed with pumpkin and warm spices. You won’t believe how fluffy they are!
I plan to take some time off this week to prep and enjoy Thanksgiving, so I decided to post these Fluffy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes today and one more Thanksgiving-worthy recipe tomorrow. Past tomorrow I’ll be shopping, prepping, and maybe even getting a jump on Christmas.
I still can’t say the word “Christmas” without cringing a little bit.
It was really important to get this recipe to you as soon as possible because they’re insanely delicious and you might just want to make them this week.
I know I am!
I’ve been making this pumpkin pancake recipe like mad the past month, which is a little surprising to be honest. It’s surprising because I haven’t been super into making pancakes since my boys were toddlers.
I stopped making them for a variety of reasons, but mostly because I started feeling like they were high maintenance.
The whole flipping thing just got flipping annoying, I guess.
The past few years I’ve been making a double batch of my Whole Wheat Greek Yogurt Banana Waffles so that I could stash one batch in the freezer.
I absolutely hate cleaning the waffle iron, which meant that I started to hate making waffles.
I’ve turned into quite the breakfast drama queen haven’t I?
Now I feel that making pancakes is much faster than making waffles. The batter takes all of 5-10 minutes to prep, and I have a trusty nonstick griddle so that I can make a minimum of 6 pancakes at a time.
And I’m even starting to enjoy flipping!
If you enjoy flipping, try these Greek yogurt pancakes. 🙂
These healthy whole wheat pumpkin pancakes have brought my love for pancakes back in a big way. They remind me of the ones that I would order at a nearby cafe after my husband and I had just gotten married. They’re soft, fluffy, and packed with pumpkin and warm spices.
They’re made with 100% whole wheat flour, which you might think would make them heavy. They’re not heavy, but they do have a wonderful heartiness.
And I’ve already mentioned that they’re amazingly fluffy!
These pumpkin pancakes are hearty with a light, fluffy texture that you’re just going to love. My family and I have completely flipped over these!
No pun intended. 🙂
More healthy pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Granola by Pinch of Yum
Fluffy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened almond milk or your favorite milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 cups whole wheat flour*
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- maple syrup and pecans for serving (optional)
- Preheat a large nonstick griddle over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs well with a whisk. Add the oil, pumpkin, milk and maple syrup and whisk well to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and pinch of salt and stir just until incorporated.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto the preheated griddle (I like to use an ice cream scoop for this). Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles begin to form on the top and the bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Repeat the process until all of the batter has been used.
- Serve pancakes with warm maple syrup and pecans if desired. Enjoy!
- *Whole wheat flour may be substituted for the same amount of white whole wheat flour.
- If you don’t have a nonstick pan or griddle, use melted butter, oil or cooking spray to ensure that the pancakes don’t stick to the pan.
- Pancakes are freezer friendly! Simply cool completely and place on a wire rack in a single layer in the freezer. Once frozen, place in a zip top bag. Toast in the morning and enjoy!
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.