Fluffy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes
Fluffy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes are hearty, healthy whole wheat pancakes packed with pumpkin and warm spices. You won’t believe how fluffy they are!
*This post contains an affiliate link.
I plan to take some time off this week to prep and enjoy Thanksgiving, so I decided to post these Fluffy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes today and one more Thanksgiving-worthy recipe tomorrow. Past tomorrow I’ll be shopping, prepping, and maybe even getting a jump on Christmas.
I still can’t say the word “Christmas” without cringing a little bit.
It was really important to get this recipe for Fluffy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes to you as soon as possible because they’re insanely delicious and you might just want to make them this week.
I know I am!
Fluffy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes
I’ve been making these whole wheat pumpkin pancakes like mad the past month, which is a little surprising to be honest. It’s surprising because I haven’t been super into making pancakes since my boys were toddlers.
I stopped making them for a variety of reasons, but mostly because I started feeling like they were high maintenance.
The whole flipping thing just got flipping annoying, I guess.
The past few years I’ve been making a double batch of my Whole Wheat Greek Yogurt Banana Waffles so that I could stash one batch in the freezer.
I absolutely hate cleaning the waffle iron, which meant that I started to hate making waffles.
I’ve turned into quite the breakfast drama queen haven’t I?
Now I feel that making pancakes is much faster than making waffles. The batter takes all of 5-10 minutes to prep, and I have a trusty nonstick griddle so that I can make a minimum of 6 pancakes at a time.
And I’m even starting to enjoy flipping!
If you enjoy flipping, try these Greek yogurt pancakes. 🙂
These healthy whole wheat pumpkin pancakes have brought my love for pancakes back in a big way. They remind me of the ones that I would order at a nearby cafe after my husband and I had just gotten married. They’re soft, fluffy, and packed with pumpkin and warm spices.
These pancakes are made 100% with whole wheat flour, which you might think would make them heavy. They’re not heavy, but they have a wonderful heartiness.
And I’ve already mentioned that they’re amazingly fluffy!
Over a month ago I made these pancakes, which called for a whopping 2 tablespoons of baking powder. Yes — tablespoons! The extra amount of baking powder gave those pancakes more oomph! if you will, resulting in a fluffier texture.
Those pancakes inspired me to add more baking powder to these pancakes, and I’ll be doing it from here on out.
These Fluffy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes are hearty with a light, fluffy texture that you’re just going to love. My family and I have completely flipped over these!
No pun intended. 🙂
More healthy pumpkin recipes:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened almond milk (or your favorite milk)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 cups whole wheat flour*
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- maple syrup and pecans, for serving (optional)
- Preheat a large nonstick griddle over medium heat (I use this one).
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs well with a whisk. Add the oil, pumpkin, milk and maple syrup and whisk well to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and pinch of salt and stir just until incorporated.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto the preheated griddle (I like to use an ice cream scoop for this). Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles begin to form on the top and the bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Repeat the process until all of the batter has been used.
- Serve pancakes with warm maple syrup and pecans if desired. Enjoy!
- *Whole wheat flour may be substituted for the same amount of white whole wheat flour.
- If you don't have a nonstick pan or griddle, use melted butter, oil or cooking spray to ensure that the pancakes don't stick to the pan.
- Pancakes are freezer friendly! Simply cool completely and place on a wire rack in a single layer in the freezer. Once frozen, place in a zip top bag. Toast in the morning and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 pancakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 478mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information is mean to be an estimate only. The numbers will vary based on the quantity consumed, brands used and substitutions that are made. This information does not contain additional syrup for serving.