Greek Hummus Wrap
Greek Veggie Hummus Wrap is a fresh, delicious Greek wrap packed with hummus, veggies, feta cheese and olives. It’s great way to change up lunch!
I’m serious about my veggies, and if you hang out around here much, you already know that about me. I love going to my local farmer’s market to buy the freshest produce I can, but sadly, I can’t always make it.
And supermarket produce just isn’t the same. It lacks flavor — there’s no denying it. Call me a produce snob, but truthfully, once you have the good stuff there’s no going back.
It’s nice to know that there’s is a great alternative to taking an extra trip to the farmer’s market to get your ultra fresh, seasonal produce. That alternative is to have it delivered right to your door.
Farm Fresh To You is a second-generation family farm that grows and partners with other organic farms to deliver fresh, seasonal produce directly to your door.
Farm Fresh To You saves you time and money by skipping that trip to the store and provides your family with the ability to eat healthier.
Their easy to use online service provides an ever-increasing selection of fresh, seasonal, organic fruits and vegetables. They also provide olive oil, organic eggs, and fresh flowers! No worries, they’ve got you covered. Get your weekly shopping done in minutes at Farm Fresh To You, and discover how easy it is to get your family to eat more fruits and veggies.
I for one, was very excited about my delivery! I chose the fruit and veggie mix, and as you can see, there was a wonderful variety.
So many ideas went through my head when I opened my box…and I almost felt like I was on an episode of Chopped on the Food Network.
Should I make cauliflower rice or soup? Or maybe poached pears? The list goes on, and ultimately it was getting close to lunch time and the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and yellow peppers won out.
Yep…I made a Greek wrap, complete with red onion, baby spinach, Greek olives and feta cheese that I had on hand.
I whipped up my lemon hummus while I roasted the bell peppers. You don’t have to roast the peppers, but they add a nice, charred flavor that adds so much to this Greek wrap.
I piled these Greek wraps high and didn’t think I was going to be able to close that tortilla up, but I tucked everything in as I rolled and it worked out beautifully.
You can buy larger tortillas than I did if you’re really hungry, but this soft taco size was just perfect for me.
Having beautiful produce delivered to my door was a first, and I’m sure not the last! I was very impressed with the quality of the produce from Farm Fresh To You, and it was bursting with flavor just the way I like it.
I’m definitely down with saving a trip to the store, too. 🙂
- 1 medium bell pepper, red or yellow
- 1 whole wheat tortilla, soft taco size
- 2 tablespoons hummus (see link for hummus recipe in Notes)
- small handful baby spinach
- 4 slices cucumber
- 1/4 of the roasted bell pepper (reserve the remaining for more wraps!)
- 2 large cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 4 kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
Prepare the roasted bell pepper:
- Preheat the broiler and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Stand the bell pepper upright and cut the sides off, discarding the stem and seeds. Place the bell peppers with the cut side down on the prepared baking sheet and place under the broiler. Broil for about 10-15 minutes or until the skins are nicely charred. Place in a bowl and cover with the foil and let steam for 5-10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, remove the blackened skin.
Assemble the wrap:
- Spread the hummus around the middle third of the tortilla. Layer with the spinach, cucumber, roasted bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, olives, red onion, and feta. Fold in the sides of the tortilla, then roll from the end closest to you to the back, tucking the tortilla and filling in as you roll. Cut in half, serve, and enjoy!
- Prep time includes preparing your own hummus. See recipe for Lemon Garlic Hummus.
- This recipe is easily scaled to feed a crowd, and there is enough roasted bell pepper for about 4 wraps.
- To save time, you can substitute store bought roasted peppers or use raw.
- If you use a larger size tortilla, you will need more filling than this recipe calls for.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 537Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 1089mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 13gSugar: 13gProtein: 21g
Nutrition information is mean to be an estimate only. The numbers will vary based on the quantity consumed, brands used and substitutions that are made.