One Bowl Gluten Free Banana Bread
One Bowl Gluten Free Banana Bread is super moist, healthy almond flour banana bread that’s grain and refined sugar free, and made in only one bowl!
I know it’s fall and everybody is interested in pumpkin this and apple that, but there’s always a demand for banana bread recipes right? There is in my house, because my family is bananas over banana bread.
Cornball humor aside, everyone in my family loves bananas and we always have some in the house. That means that I have overripe bananas on a regular basis, and I’m never upset about it.
I love freezing them for smoothies and using them in baked oatmeal, banana muffins and breads like this gluten free banana bread!
This bread has become a fast favorite since I started making it a few months ago. Honestly, it’s the only banana bread recipe that I want to make lately for so many reasons.
Gluten Free Banana Bread
In case you’ve missed my previous posts on the subject, I’ve decreased the amount of wheat that I eat significantly due to digestive issues that I’ve been having this past year.
Just to clarify…I still eat some wheat, but I’m eating less of it because I feel so much better when I keep it to a minimum.
The bright side about eating less wheat is that I’ve learned a lot about gluten-free baking. I’ve replaced the wheat flour in many of my recipes successfully with Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 flour, and have learned to bake with oat flour and my new favorite –> almond flour.
This gluten free banana bread is made with wholesome, nutritious almond flour, so it’s grain free and gluten free. It also contains heart healthy olive oil and is refined sugar free.
This One Bowl Gluten Free Banana Bread may be healthy, but it’s so moist and flavorful that you’d never know it. And the dark chocolate chips certainly give it plenty of decadence. 🙂
For special occasions, I can’t wait to try these almond flour cupcakes.
The maple syrup may be replaced with the same amount of honey.
The olive oil may be substituted with the same amount of your favorite oil, such as canola or coconut.
To make this a paleo banana bread recipe, omit the chocolate chips or replace with dairy free chocolate chips.
Eating gluten free? See all of my gluten free recipes here.
Savory gluten free recipes:
Try these gluten free baking recipes:
- 3 medium bananas (about 1 cup mashed)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour, such as Bob's Red Mill
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a standard loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mash the banana in a large bowl. Add the eggs, olive oil, maple syrup and vanilla, and whisk well to combine.
- Pour the almond flour over the wet ingredients, then add the baking powder, baking soda and salt over the almond flour. Whisk or stir well until incorporated, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from heat and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
- To make this banana bread paleo, use dairy free chocolate chips.
- Store leftover bread at room temperature in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 75mg Sodium: 196mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 11g Protein: 8g