Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Gluten-Free Banana Bread is hearty, wholesome with big banana flavor and studded with dark chocolate chips. It’s made with almond flour so it’s grain free, refined sugar free and it comes together in one bowl!
I know a lot of people are interested in pumpkin and apple recipes in the fall, but there’s always a demand for banana bread recipes right? There is in my house!
Everyone in my family loves bananas and we always have some in the house. That means that I have overripe bananas on a regular basis, and I’m never upset about it.
This Gluten-Free Banana Bread has become a fast favorite since I started making it a few months ago. It’s got a hearty, moist texture and it’s studded with dark chocolate chips to take it over the top.
In case you’ve missed my previous posts on the subject, I’ve decreased the amount of wheat that I eat significantly due to digestive issues that I’ve been having this past year.
Just to clarify…I still eat some wheat, but I’m eating less of it because I feel so much better when I keep it to a minimum.
The bright side about eating less wheat is that I’ve learned a lot about gluten-free baking. I’ve begun baking with oat flour in recipes like my blueberry banana bread and gluten free pumpkin bread, and I also love using almond flour.
This gluten free banana bread is made with wholesome, nutritious almond flour, so it’s grain free and gluten free. It also contains heart healthy olive oil and is refined sugar free.
This bread may be healthy, but it’s so moist and flavorful that you’d never know it. And the dark chocolate chips certainly give it plenty of decadence. 🙂
For special occasions, I can’t wait to try these almond flour cupcakes by Cook Nourish Bliss!
- The maple syrup may be replaced with the same amount of honey.
- The olive oil may be substituted with the same amount of your favorite oil, such as canola or coconut.
- To make this a paleo banana bread recipe, omit the chocolate chips or replace with dairy free chocolate chips.
See all of my gluten free recipes for inspiration.
More almond flour recipes you’ll love:
- Almond flour cake
- Blueberry banana muffins
- Almond flour pancakes
- Greek almond cookies
- Red velvet macarons
Did you try this recipe? If so, be sure to leave a review below and tag me @flavorthemoments on Facebook and Instagram!
One Bowl Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 3 medium bananas about 1 cup mashed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour such as Bob’s Red Mill
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a standard loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mash the banana in a large bowl. Add the eggs, olive oil, maple syrup and vanilla, and whisk well to combine.3 medium bananas, 4 large eggs, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the almond flour over the wet ingredients, then add the baking powder, baking soda and salt over the almond flour. Whisk or stir well until incorporated, then stir in the chocolate chips.2 cups almond flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from heat and cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!
- To make this banana bread paleo, use dairy free chocolate chips.
- Store leftover bread at room temperature in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.