Salted Dark Chocolate Toffee Fudge is velvety smooth dark chocolate fudge with crunchy toffee bits and flaky sea salt. It’s comes together in minutes with only 5 ingredients, and is guaranteed to be a hit!
I have to confess something to you….I’ve never been a fudge person. Why? Because most of the time it’s too darn sweet. Let’s face it, fudge is mostly loaded down with sugar from the sweetened condensed milk or whatever else has been added to sweeten it up. I decided to try to make a fudge that would appeal to me. One that would be deep, dark, and extra chocolatey, not as sweet, but still velvety. I’m here to tell you that this fudge right here is my dream fudge. It’s perfect for me in every.single.way. 🙂
This fudge is so chocolatey and not as sweet because I used only the daddy of all chocolate — dark chocolate. Dark chocolate has no sugar added, which made it a no-brainer for me. The beautiful dark chocolate chips are melted into warm sweetened condensed milk and a pat of butter with a teaspoon of flaky sea salt. The sea salt tones down the sweetness and amplifies the chocolate flavor as well. 🙂
Heath bars have always been one of my favorite candies, and this fudge is inspired by those flavors. I’ve gone there before with my Chocolate Toffee Truffle Cookies and Salted Chocolate Toffee Sables. And I’m sure I’ll go there again. And again.
This fudge is so addicting with that salted dark chocolate and crunchy toffee bits. So addicting that I had 3 little squares before I photographed them just to be sure I liked them. I think the fact that I had 3 was my answer…or was it that I wanted more than that and had to put it away? Never mind that — all you need to know is that you too can have this addicting fudge that comes together in minutes with only 5 ingredients. How can you say no to that? 🙂
Don’t forget there’s a $250 Amazon card giveaway going on! Click here to enter!
Hungry for more fudge? Here ya go.
German Chocolate Fudge by Simply Gloria
Praline Fudge by Lady Behind the Curtain
Salted Caramel Mocha Fudge by Shugary Sweets
S’mores Fudge by Spoonful of Flavor via Lil Luna
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- (1) 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- (1) 11.5 ounce bag of dark chocolate chips (I used Guittard Extra Dark)
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt, plus more for garnish (I used Maldon)
- ½ cup toffee bits, plus more for garnish
- Line an 8x8" baking dish with waxed paper and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the butter and sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium low heat until combined, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add the chocolate and teaspoon of sea salt, stirring until smooth. Add the ½ cup toffee bits and stir until combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Gently press in more toffee bits on top, and sprinkle a bit more flaky sea salt. Chill 2 hours or overnight until set. Once set, remove from the pan and place on a cutting board. Cut into small squares with a very sharp knife, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Recipe by Flavor the Moments.