Salted Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
Salted Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge is an easy, 5 ingredient chocolate peanut butter fudge that’s perfect for chocolate and peanut butter lovers!
The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of traveling for me, so I’ve been all about easy when it comes to food lately. Easy means uncomplicated, but it definitely doesn’t mean that the food tastes simple.
This Salted Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge, for example, is as simple as it gets, but the flavors are bold.
You’ve probably had your share of overly sweet fudge…the kind that makes your teeth hurt? I have, and it made me shy away from it for years until I made this Salted Dark Chocolate Toffee Fudge.
That fudge was right up my alley with big, bold dark chocolate flavor, without being overly sweet at all. The sea salt really offsets the sweetness, giving us that addicting sweet ‘n salty thing that we love.
Chocolate peanut butter fudge
Since dark chocolate isn’t sweetened, it’s the perfect variety to use when you don’t want your fudge to be overly sweet. It’s got the big chocolate flavor that’s perfect for chocolate lovers like me.
I’m the kind of person that believes chocolate deserves it’s own food group….right along with coffee. 🙂
I wanted this chocolate peanut butter fudge recipe to have big peanut butter flavor too, which only comes from real peanut butter, not peanut butter chips.
The peanut butter fudge layer is very peanut-buttery, and once it’s spread out over our dark chocolate fudge layer, we press in some dark chocolate chips and chopped salted peanuts for crunch and texture.
This easy chocolate peanut butter fudge is like dipping a dark chocolate bar into peanut butter, which is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. It will satisfy the biggest peanut butter chocolate cravings out there, and I promise it won’t make your teeth hurt.
It’s easy, it only takes 5 ingredients, and it’s outrageously good. 🙂
More fudge recipes to enjoy:
Hungry for more peanut butter and chocolate recipes? Try these:
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips, divided (I used Guittard)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided (unsalted butter may be substituted)
- (1) 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts, divided
- Line an 8x8" square baking pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place a saute pan with about 2 inches of water over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Place 1 cup of the chocolate chips into a heat proof bowl with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1/2 of the can of sweetened condensed milk. Place into the pan of simmering water and reduce heat to low (this is your double boiler). Stir the chocolate mixture with a rubber scraper until smooth, then add 1/4 cup of the chopped peanuts and stir until combined. Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Place the peanut butter and remaining coconut oil in a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or until melted. Stir to combine, then stir in the remaining sweetened condensed milk. Pour over the chocolate layer and spread evenly.
- Press the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of chopped peanuts into the top, and chill for a minimum of 2 hours or until set.
- Once chilled, lift the fudge out of the pan and remove the foil. Place on a cutting board and cut into squares. Serve and enjoy!
- Fudge is best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Serving Size:1 square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 8g