Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies
Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies are moist and decadent red velvet brownies with luscious cream cheese swirl and chocolate chips!
Love is in the air….literally. Not just because it’s Valentine’s week and everyone’s rushing around looking for those perfect gifts for their sweethearts and loved ones.
It’s because I baked these Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies this afternoon, and I can’t think of many other scents that I love more.
I hit the mother lode today coming across the Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies on the blog Sally’s Baking Addiction. I’d been formulating a plan to present a red velvet brownie with cream cheese in some fashion, and today, that plan was hatched.
I saw her recipe and it was love at first sight. More love! I made them 20 minutes later.
Love, love, love.
I followed the recipe exactly except for the addition of chocolate chips. I just wanted to see dark brown chocolate chips amidst all that luscious cream cheese and red velvet.
The chocolate chips give the brownies just a pop of chocolate indulgence without overpowering that wicked good red velvet. We don’t want that.
This brownie won’t disappoint. It’s so moist and decadent, I’d be surprised if this doesn’t become an instant favorite the minute you sink your teeth into it.
That’s what happened to me.
Nothing says Valentine’s Day more than these bright red velvet brownies with that delectable, creamy, white cheesecake swirl. They were made for V-day.
Forget the cards, forget the diamonds, and forget the See’s Candies, for crying out loud.
These little gems are all I need. 🙂
More red velvet recipes you’ll love:
Red velvet cake by Food Network
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 3/4 teaspoon white vinegar (I used white balsamic because that's what I had!)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat Neufchatel)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8" square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare the Brownies:
- Beat the eggs with a fork in a small bowl; Set aside. Place the melted butter in a large bowl. Whisk in each of the following ingredients separately, and in order: 1 cup sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder, salt, red food coloring, and vinegar. Whisk in the eggs until incorporated, then fold in the flour. Reserve 4 tablespoons of the brownie batter and set aside. Pour the rest into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Prepare the Cream Cheese Filling:
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Spoon the filling over the brownie batter in large dollops. Spoon the reserved brownie batter over the top of the cream cheese filling, and sprinkle the chocolate chips over that. Using a knife, swirl the cream cheese and brownie batter together in a circular motion to combine the layers. Bake on the center rack of your oven for 28-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Recipe adapted from Food Network via Sally's Baking Addiction.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is mean to be an estimate only. The numbers will vary based on the quantity consumed, brands used and substitutions that are made.