Street Corn Black Bean Guacamole
Street Corn Black Bean Guacamole is guacamole loaded with smoky-sweet grilled street corn and black beans. It’s the most addicting guacamole ever!
Corn, sweet corn….I can’t stop adding it to anything and everything. And you know, I haven’t boiled one single ear yet? I’m grilling it like there’s no tomorrow. Especially rubbed with paprika street corn style like I did for my Mexican Street Corn Salad, which is the best side dish ever in my mind. 🙂
Since I love corn with avocado and black beans so much, I decided to merge them into my favorite dip ever — guacamole. I make guacamole a minimum of 4 times a week, because my husband happens to love it too.
My husband couldn’t care less about having his guacamole all jazzed up with add-ins — he’s fine with just straight up avocado with plenty of lime and chunks of fresh tomato. The funny thing is, I used to be like that too, but once I ventured out by adding ingredients like chopped red onion, cilantro, mango, and even tomatillos, I realized that plain guacamole wants to grow up to be loaded guacamole. Really, it does. 🙂
I served this guacamole up with my favorite chips from the brand Food Should Taste Good, which is the blue corn. I’ve tried their other flavors like sweet potato, guacamole, multigrain, and jalapeño, and I keep coming back to the blue corn. It’s my stand-by chip.
I have not been paid to promote this brand, but I was given a free supply of chips. I buy them regularly, however, because they’re made with wholesome, non-GMO ingredients, and they’re all gluten-free. Every chip is crafted with great taste and naturally simple ingredients. You just can’t go wrong.
If you aren’t on a grilling bender like I am, and you want to use frozen corn, by all means do so. The frozen roasted corn would be even better! Simply thaw it out and mix it on in. Boiled corn would be great too, just cut it from the cob, and you’re good to go.
This Street Corn Black Bean Guacamole is grown up guacamole — loaded with goodness and is what every guacamole aspires to be. It has all the elements — fresh, creamy, sweet, crunchy, and tangy. This guacamole is definitely all that and a bag of chips. 🙂
More recipes for you to enjoy!
Avocado Bacon Dip by Maebells
Hot Corn Dip with Jalapenos by Spicy Southern Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 ear of corn, husked and silks removed or ½ cup canned or frozen (thawed if frozen)
- 2 large avocados
- ½ tablespoon canola oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small tomato, seeded, and diced
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Rub the ear of corn with the paprika, then place on the grill. Grill for about 12-15 minutes, turning about every 3 minutes, or until nicely charred. Remove from heat and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Place the corn on a cutting board one ear at a time, and place on it's side. Using a sharp knife, cut the kernels from the top down on one side, then turn and continue removing the kernels until all of them have been removed. Place the corn in a medium bowl.
- Halve the avocados and remove the pits. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon, and place in a bowl. Roughly chop the avocado with a knife against the side of the bowl until it's in small chunks. Add the canola oil and lime juice, and stir gently to combine. Add the corn, black beans, tomato, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by Flavor the Moments.